Chapter 3 - A Perfect Oppertunity

It wasn't until Marinette had gotten settled in the car when she began to process that Adrien was Chat Noir. I can't believe it, she thought to herself. There's no way. They're complete opposites!

Her mind was suddenly flooded with thoughts of her and Chat Noir. I kissed him! When he was under Dark Cupid's curse, I kissed him! Adrien Agreste! She could feel her cheeks burning up as she continued to think about it. Adrien's bodyguard must have noticed this since he looked back at her with a concerned expression. "It's really hot in here, don't you think?" Marinette said, hoping the bodyguard would go along with it. He did and opened up the back window next to her seat.

Probably shouldn't think about the kissing right now, she thought. Now I understand why he was so concerned the day I told him Gabriel Agreste may be Hawkmoth and why he was relieved when he fought us as The Collector. I thought he was acting odd that day, but I couldn't figure out why. Now I know. He didn't want his father to be the enemy. She felt bad for him. She was annoyed that she didn't understand what was going on sooner. How could she not tell? It seems so obvious now.

She began to think of one of her more recent encounters with her and Chat Noir. Oh no, she thought to herself. I did not read my love letter written for Adrien to Adrien. I read it to Chat Noir, but now I know he is Adrien. Adrien heard my declaration of love! She began to feel shameful, but she refused to show it on her face. Before her face got too red again, she knew it was best to turn her attention to something else, but she couldn't stop thinking about Adrien being Chat Noir. He won't love me anymore, she concluded, when he finds out I'm Ladybug. He doesn't love Marinette, he only loves Ladybug. If she's being honest with herself, her feelings for Adrien may have changed as well. She doesn't love Chat Noir as anything more than a friend. If Adrien is Chat Noir, does she love Adrien the way she thought she did?

Before her thoughts could spiral too far out of control, she arrived at school. "Thank you," she said to Adrien's bodyguard. "I'll see you later."

The bodyguard gave her a nod before she shut the door. Once he had driven away, she turned to the school and walked in, hyper-aware she was in Adrien's body.

As she was walking to the classroom, she thought, maybe this won't be so bad. I think I can handle this.

It soon became very bad when she entered the classroom.

She stared at her seat in which she saw herself sitting. Her other self was chatting with Alya, but once the other Marinette saw the person that looked like Adrien walk into the classroom, they locked eye contact. Both of their cheeks turned very red. I can't do this. I can't do this.

Marinette wanted to run away, as far away as she could. She broke eye contact and fought with every instinct telling her to run so she could sit in Adrien's seat, in front of the person that looked like her. I'm in Adrien's body right now. I can't run away, no matter how much I want to. I can't act weird. Acting weird is what Marinette does, not Adrien.

She buried her head in her hands as the teacher was taking attendance. The teacher had to say Adrien's name twice before Marinette said, "here," and remembered that's who she was for now. This is all too weird. I just want this to end.

When the teacher called Marinette's name, the person in her body said, "here" instantly and calmly, just how Marinette would normally say it. How is he doing that? He's doing rather well so far. He's probably annoyed that I made him look like a fool when I didn't say his name at first.

It was difficult for Marinette to make it through  the school day. Marinette refused to make eye contact with her other self, but she could feel the eyes of the guy in her body staring at her all the time. That's normal. I'm always staring at Adrien. Although the person in my body is staring for a different reason, I'm sure no one is thinking much of it. Why is he staring at me so much anyway? Is it because he's worried about approaching me? He's never had a problem approaching me before. Maybe he's waiting for me to approach him. He knows I'm a mess if I'm not mentally prepared for a conversation. He's waiting for me to come to him, I'm sure of it.

Marinette didn't want to wait until after school to talk to Adrien, because then they wouldn't have much time to talk before having to go home. She would have to find a time during the day where she could talk to him in private without drawing attention to them, but when? She hoped the perfect opportunity would present itself.

Luckily, Adrien decided to set up that perfect opportunity Marinette was waiting for.

"I have to call my mom," Adrien told Alya. Marinette knew he waited to say this until she was in earshot. "She messaged me and asked me to call her next time I had a break. Not sure why. I'll step outside for a few minutes to call her and meet up with you later."

"Alright," Alya said as she tried to show Adrien something on her phone. "I have some ideas for stuff I want to post on the Ladyblog later. I'll meet up with you later to show you."

"Ok, I can't wait!" Adrien replied as he ran out the door.

"You alright dude?" Nino asked the person he  thought was Adrien, but was Marinette. Nino's sudden appearance startled her and she jumped back a little. "You've seemed pretty flustered all day. Are you alright?"

"Yeah, I'm alright," Marinette said in response. "I think I could use some fresh air. I'm going to step outside for a little while. I'll meet up with you later."

"Ok, let me know if there's anything I can do to help you."

"I will Nino, thank you."