Chapter 4 - The Conversation

Adrien was excited for the challenge that was ahead of him. The only thing that worried him was how Marinette would feel about him being in control of her body. She didn't want her to be uncomfortable with it. He decided he would act as normal as possible and wait for Marinette to approach him about the situation. That seemed like the best way to make Marinette feel at least a little bit better about everything.

Before Adrien got to the classroom, he noticed Alya and Nino sitting against a wall next to each other. They were both intently staring at their phones and talking to each other about what seemed to be gameplay. Adrien didn't know they played games together before school, although it does seem like something they would do.

"Hey Alya, hey Nino," said Adrien as he took a seat next to Alya. That's what Marinette would do, right?

"Marinette?!" Alya said, clearly surprised by his presence. "I don't think you've ever been early to school before!"

"Yeah, dude," Nino said. "No offense, but being late is like, your thing."

"No offense taken," Adrien said with a hint of sarcasm, implying that offense was indeed taken. "There's a first time for everything, don't you think? Even for Marinette Dupain-Cheng to be early." Adrien felt a pang of guilt after making a big deal about Marinette being late. It felt hypocritical since he was late a lot of the time as well. Although, it felt right. He could picture Marinette saying that to Alya and Nino. That's a little weird, he thought. Marinette is always relaxed and comfortable when talking to Alya and Nino, but she can never manage to get her words out when talking to me. He never noticed it until now, when he put himself in Marinette's shoes, literally. He decided to forget it for now and talk to her about it later.

"I guess you're right," Alya replied. "Marinette has to be early at least once in her life."

"We're about to win!" Nino said excitedly.

"I know! We've been in first place the whole game!" Alya replied.

"Are you two playing Super Penguino again?" Adrien asked.

"Of course!" Alya said. "This game is super addicting. You can join next round!"

"I would love to, but we have to be in class soon. We should probably go to our seats after you finish this round."

"You're probably right," Alya said, trying her best to talk and focus on her game at the same time. "We can't miss ruining this early streak you have going."

"We're going to do it! We're going to do it!" Nino shouted at the loudest appropriate volume for being in a school.

"Yes!" Alya and Nino shouted in unison. "We win again! Team Nalya for life!" They gave each other a victory high five.

"Alright, we should probably go to class now," Nino said with a pouty face.

"Don't worry, we can play more later," Alya said to him as they stood up. She proceeded to plant a kiss on his cheek, causing him to blush.

"Looking forward to it!" Nino replied.

They arrived at class and sat in their usual seats. Except for Adrien, who sat in Marinette's seat, as that is who he was for today.

He didn't expect to be caught so off guard upon seeing Marinette enter. It was weird to see himself walking into the classroom. He couldn't stop staring at her as everything came flooding back to him. Marinette is Ladybug. She knows I'm Chat Noir. She is trapped in my body. She's just as weirded out as I am. She woke up in my bed this morning. Adrien was just being to realize how messed up this situation was. Now that Marinette was looking at him, it didn't feel like a game or a golden opportunity, it just felt wrong.