Epilogue

~~10 years later~~

"Bugaboo!" Adrien called up the stairs. Marinette didn't want to get out of bed. "Breakfast is ready! Come get some!"

"It's my birthday!" Marinette shouted back. "I can sleep in on my birthday!"

"It's already 10am! You don't consider that sleeping in?"

"No, too early!"

Adrien giggled at her remark. She's harder to get out of bed than the kids, he thought.

Marinette reluctantly got out of bed. She would feel bad if the breakfast Adrien made got cold before she ate it. She walked down the stairs in her pajamas to see Adrien and her three kids sitting at the table with an assortment of breakfast pastries and a bouquet of fruit cut to look like flowers.

"Happy birthday Mom!" the oldest and only daughter, Emma, shouted as Marinette walked down the stairs.

Marinette looked over to Adrien who had a wide smile across his face and was slightly blushing. He looked from her to the seat they left open, asking her to sit down.

"Guys, this is so sweet! Thank you so much!" Marinette exclaimed. She walked over to the chair and sat down. She noticed a birthday card in front of her. She picked it up and read what was inside.

Happy birthday, Bugaboo!

Thank you for all the paw-some memories! I'll never forget all the amazing adventures we've been on together. Even though some of those adventures were major cat-astrophies, they all worked out alright thanks to you!

I wouldn't be the person I am today without you. You've gotten me through more than you'll ever know. You're my ride or die. You and me against the world. Always.

Yours truly,
Chaton

Marinette started to tear up. "Geez, it's just a birthday," she said, wiping away a tear. "You don't need to get this sentimental with a birthday card."

"I know, but you knew you'd love it," Adrien exclaimed confidently.

Their youngest child, Hugo, jumped out of his chair and ran to Marinette's side. He looked at the card, as if trying to read it. "Ewww, daddy wrote mommy a love letter! Gross!"

"It is not gross!" Marinette said in defense. "It is adorable. Plus, you can't even read yet! Go sit back down."

Hugo let out a "hmph" sound and did as he was told. He quickly lightened up again when he took a few more bites of breakfast.

"The pastries daddy made are really good!" Louis exclaimed.

"You made these?" Marinette asked, shocked, and looked over at Adrien. He's baked for them before, but baking wasn't his specialty. He usually burns things or makes them wrong, especially pastries. These pastries were very good.

"I would like to take the credit, but Emma did most of the work," Adrien admitted. "She's the aspiring chef of the house, after all."

"Ooh, that makes more sense," Marinette said with a chuckle.

Adrien crossed his arms. "Geez, my baking isn't that bad!"

"Thank you for the delicious pastries Emma," Marinette said, ignoring Adrien's comment. "I couldn't have made them better myself."

"You're welcome," she said with a proud smile.

When they finished eating, Adrien told everyone they were going somewhere fun, as there was one more surprise he had for Marinette.

"If we're going out, I should probably get dressed," Marinette announced before running upstairs to change. It was a warm spring day, so she put on a pair of dark blue jeans with a blue and white floral tank top. She put her hair into the signature ponytails she used to wear all the time, but hasn't worn in a while. She decided she didn't like them anymore and put her hair in a ponytail instead. She ran back downstairs, ready to see the surprise Adrien had in store.