The Great Divide

Opening shot of the sun setting behind some tall rock outcroppings. The sky is mostly cloudy and the clouds reflect the light of the dying sun. Pan down to show a patched up tent being jostled about from the inside. A rolled up tarp lies next to the tent. Sokka is inside a tent, trying to assemble it. Sokka can be heard grunting and fussing about as he tries to finish setting up the shelter. Katara walks in the frame, her back to the camera, with a pile of fire wood in her arms.

Katara:
Um, aren't you forgetting the tarp?

Sokka:
Right, got it ...

He tosses the wrapped up tarp inside the tent.

Katara:
Sokka, you're supposed to put the tarp on top of the tent. You know, so we don't get rained on?

Sokka gesturing widely as he replies to his sister.

Sokka:
Ordinarily, you'd be right, but seeing how it's the dry season, you're not. Besides that tarp makes a pretty warm blanket.

Katara:
But what if it does rain?

Hanzo:
Um.... Katara I'm sorry to say but I don't think it's going to rain. I mean we are in a desert.

Katara:
Ugh! You two are infuriating!

Sokka:
Katara, why don't you worry about gathering firewood, because that kindling is looking pretty sorry.

Katara:
[Angrily.] Well, if you don't like my firewood-

She throws the sticks at Sokka who shields himself from the wood. He stands in anger after.

Sokka:
[Angrily.] Fine by me, if you're not gonna do your job-

He tears the tent down and the two stare at each other angrily as Aang, Turok, Kori, and Jade shows up with food.

Aang:
Okay, we got the grub if you guys got the-[The siblings turn away from each other in anger with their arms folded.] hey, where's the campfire? And what happened to the tent?

Sokka:
Why don't you ask Miss Know-It-All, Queen of the Twigs.

Katara:
Oh yeah? Well, you're Mister Lazy Bum, King of the [Picks up and throws a twig at Sokka's head.] Tents!

Sokka turns around, looking angrily at her.

Kori:
This is too funny.

Turok:
I can't believe we missed this.

Aang:
[Laughs.] Okay, listen guys, harsh words won't solve problems, action will. Why don't you just switch jobs?

Katara:
Sounds good.

Sokka:
Whatever.

Aang:
You see that? Settling feuds and making peace, all in a day's work for the Avatar.

He turns his head to see Momo and Appa fighting over a watermelon. Momo continuously tries to fly away with it, while Appa pins it down. Aang takes the melon and uses airbending to slice it. Momo seems to be complaining about how he got the much smaller half and Appa got the bigger half.

Aang:
Come on, Momo, that's fair. Appa's got five stomachs.

Appa eats his half of the melon, and things started to calm down,

The scene fades to show the group standing on the edge of a huge canyon.

Aang:
There it is, guys, The Great Divide.