🌫️

It's lunch time, and I'm sitting alone at my desk. Akemi and her friends (who I found out were called Hana, Momoka and Nao) went to their table-tennis club, and invited me to join, but I declined their offer for today. There's something I need to do.

I have to.

I sent her a note last night, seeing as I know where she lives. Dropping the letter in her mailbox, I had to bite back a sob. The action was one steeped in familiarity, but the reality and the reasons for doing so now were so different. I felt like some last remnant of hope had been blown out when the paper had slipped from my fingers.

Now, I sit and eat my rice, keeping a watchful eye for any people approaching. Eyes darting nervously, my hand stops scooping food, and both of them lie fisted on the table.

A few people look at me, a little confused at the sight of me sitting tensely on my own on a secluded bench in the playground. I'm waiting. This time it's been around 15 minutes, though it feels like longer. I guess I'm lucky it's not too cold. Footsteps sound behind me, and I turn around in surprise.

It's Hiromi.

The corners of my mouth don't curl up at the edges like they used to. In contrast, Hiromi's lips are pressed together in something I think she's hoping looks like a smile. It doesn't. I don't bother to force warmth into my eyes.

"Hiromi." I wonder what exactly made me drop the "hello" that I'd meant to add at the beginning. Her eyes shutter a bit, I think. Her mouth pushes upwards in an attempt to smile wider. Standing up, I say,

"Let's talk."

~~~~~~~~~~~

aaaaaaaa
sorry for the short chapter :(
the real drama starts now folks
*deep dramatic movie trailer voice*
do you think Hiromi deserves redemption?
you'll find out in the next chapter~
please vote and comment guys, i can't think of a smart reason why but it does mean a lot to a little hobbit like me :)

blue xx