3. Tears of a clown

He stopped smiling,
as soon as he switched
back to reality.

Laughter.

Sounded like music in his ears. He could listen to it all day.

Smiles.

Made him feel safe and loved even when they came from strangers.

Sarcastic remarks.

Never offended him. In fact it was a sign that they were listening to his silly jokes and were communicating with him.

That is the reason why he kept entertaining the people around him, whenever he had the chances to.

When everyone is down due to bad exam marks he would stand up and yell, " My intellect is just hard to handle for smart people. "

That would lighten up the mood and he wouldn't mind getting scolded by the teacher.

He cared for the people around him and would try to make the frowns turn into smiles.

He was the light in the darkness.

Everyone loved him, despite him always being annoying.

But as soon as the sun goes down, his time has come to an end as well.

As soon as he stepped one foot in his flat everything turns dark.

Even his own light...

His cheerful smile vanishes.

Mommy and daddy wouldn't notice he was home. They were either high or fighting each other. It's always been that way.

He would consider himself lucky, whenever he had something to eat or got out without any bruises. That was reality for the clown.

He always fakes being the person he wanted to be perceived as.

Flawless, humorous and interesting.

When he is the complete opposite of that.

He'd cry in his sleep, then wakes up with a smile on his face.

He loved hearing people's contagious laughter, as it signaled him that he was funny.

He loved their smiles even if it wasn't mommy's or daddy's smile. Atleast someone smiled for him.

He loved the sarcastic remarks even when they were painful. It was a way of communication for him and to fill the silence he lived with for years.

But his tears? He hated those.

Nobody knows about that tho...