012

"Where are you going?" Sungmin asked you as you pulled a backpack on. It was the same lumpy baby blue backpack Heeseung had brought you when you were in the hospital.

You pulled your sleeves over your hands. The sweater you were wearing was too big for you. That's because it was Siri's. It still smelled like her. It still smelled like whipped cream and cotton candy.

"Dance practice with Ni-ki." You answered. You wished it was Se-ri here asking you this question. It was something she would do.

Sungmin gave you a short hug and you reveled in her softness and warmth. "Be safe." She said simply. You gave her a small artificial smile, "It's only two blocks."

"Still." She returned your artificial smile and you nodded.

You pulled open the dorms door and exited into the hallway. You walked in silence, only shivering in cold when you exited the building. You walked the two blocks with your mask up and your head down.

You were a kpop idol. You were supposed to be strong. You were supposed to smile brightly. You were supposed to be bold.

Missing Se-ri made you feel like if you took a wrong step, the ground would crumble away from your feet and you would trip into nonexistence.

When you reached, Ni-ki was standing bundled up in a fluffy jacket and waiting for you. He immediately grabbed you by the arms and pulled you out of the cold and into the building.

"Hi." You gave him a tired smile. His eyebrows raised up as he looked at you. His lips slowly drew in a matching smile. "Hi y/n-ssi. Follow me."

You walked along next to him in silence. He had his hand gently on your back and he was humming under his breath.

Ni-ki led you into an empty practice room with a large mirror stretching out across one wall. You walked to one side and took your backpack off, letting it fall to the ground. Your jacket followed as well as the puffy one you'd seen Ni-ki in.

Underneath, he wore a hoodie, and underneath, you wore Siri's sweater. It was a sweater he'd seen her in and his eyes turned stormy for a moment when he saw it.

Ni-ki put on a smile, "So, do you wanna just dance?"

You thought for a moment, letting your eyes absentmindedly scan your surroundings. "Can you teach me your choreography?"

The tiny hint of stars sparked in his eyes. "What song?"

"Given-Taken." You looked up at him, letting your own eyes sparkle a little.

Ni-ki clapped his hands together, "Yaay, y/nieeee." He let himself smile. He paused for a moment as if running the choreography through his head before pulling you by your arms. "I'll teach you the chorus first. Watch me."

He showed you the choreography for the first part of the chorus, softly singing it to himself. "Now you try."

You mirrored him carefully, only slightly aware that the doctor had told you to use your leg lightly for the next two weeks.

When you made a mistake, Ni-ki moved from where he was watching you and helped you with his hands shyly on your body. You looked at him over your shoulder. He stood behind you, touching you as little as possible and trying to guide your body.

"It's okay." You said. Ni-ki glanced at you for a moment and let your eyes meet his. It looked like he didn't know what to feel.

He didn't know Siri as well as you, your members, and Sunghoon had, but it hurt him to see her gone. It hurt him because he loved his interactions with you and your members. What he felt for UNDERWATER was the same as what he felt for Enhypen.