036

You heard heavy knocking on the bathroom door. "Y/n!?" Lu called.

"Are you okay?" Bella asked.

"Do you wanna come out?" There was a worried pout in Sun's voice.

"What happened?" Sungmin questioned in a soft voice.

"Oh." You murmured. You got up and gathered your dirty clothes and phone in your arms so you could put one in the laundry and the other for charge. You inspected your phone as you approached the door. There luckily wasn't any crack damage.

"Hey?" Lu asked.

"Yeah, yeah, I'm good." You said in a soft voice as you pulled the door open. You were met with your members' gently smiling faces. Bella patted your hand where it lay on the pile of clothes and Sungmin patted your head. "Good." She said as she laughed lightly. "Got worried for a second."

"No, i'm good." You tried not to frown. "I was just..on call with Jungwon."

"Oppa." Bella said.

"Oppa." You nodded at the correction. Your mind was still fogged like you were wandering around on a cloudy beach, unsure where the sand met the cliff face and where it met the thrashing dark water.

"Anyway." Sun shrugged. "What's for dinner?"

"We have a show tomorrow." Lu called as she followed the sunshine girl who had started running to the kitchen.

"So?" You could hear them bantering.

"Rice." You could almost hear an eye roll in Lu's voice and Bella went to join the two. Sungmin hugged you sideways. "You sure?" She pouted.

You hugged her halfway back. "Yeah, I promise. I'm not back there again." At least not yet.

You gave her another grin and felt her tug on your arm to lead you to the kitchen where the others were still off on their ramble about rice. Sungmin started chattering with Bella at the counter and you climbed onto a chair, smiling as you leaned on the back and watched your friends. You were sitting backwards on the chair with your arms resting on the back and your chin placed on your arms.

Friends, yes, but after so much together in just almost a year, they were family too.

————

Jungwon's voice was stuck in your head now. All through out dinner and your show the next morning. You couldn't shake it, and you knew you behaved tiredly and poorly. You might get backlash for it, but you didn't care enough. Only, his words.

"What if disaster follows me?"

Was it really disaster following one or the other of you or was it just bad, bad luck? Both of you had lost so many people, you knew that. Other than Jungwon's sister and your puppy, you'd lost your father in a car accident when you were an infant, and Jungwon had lost his grandfather a couple of years after his sister. It was all devastating. It was a devastating topic.

You felt like you'd gone numb from it all. You felt like it barely affected you at all anymore. You had a suspicion Jungwon felt the same.

That was normal.

Right?

————

You got a text from Jungwon just after your show when you were changing back into street wear with your members. You ignored the text when you at first heard it ding, but took your phone when Lu briefly squinted at it before informing you that it was Jungwon.

After you took the phone from her, you sat down in a corner of the dressing room and scanned the text.

won
we just got back for a photo shoot
from
do u have free time?