035

"Jungwon-ah?" A voice asked from somewhere on the other end of the call.

Jungwon stifled a yelp and you heard a shuffling noise like he was turning and standing up. "Heeseung hyung."

"What are you doing on call so long?" Heeseung asked in a muffled voice. "With...?" He trailed off, not knowing that it was you who was on the other end.

"Y/n." Jungwon filled in.

"Yeah." You heard Heeseung's soft smile through the phone. "Hi, y/n."

"Hi." You said in a small voice.

You heard a sigh and more shuffling. "It's complicated." Jungwon mumbled in response to Heeseung's previous question. "I'll come back now."

You heard the soft retreat of Heeseung's footsteps, then Jungwon clearing his throat. "I'm sorry, y/n."

"It's okay." You assured, frowning.

"Can you meet me tomorrow? Are you free?"

"Around lunch time maybe." You moistened your lips and shifted on the cold bathroom tiles. Your voice softened. "I feel like I should say sorry. I don't know- I can't remember the story-"

"Y/n-"

"No, wait." You took in a soft breath. "It's like...It's like disaster follows me, Won. So, I'm sorry. I'm sorry for what happened in the past and what happened recently, and what might happen in the future, even if it isn't really my fault."

You heard Jungwon's breathing grow a little faster and breathier from the other end of the line. "What if disaster follows me?" He asked in a vulnerable voice.

You felt pain at that sound of his voice. "Jung-"

The line cut off. You glared at your phone, feeling all of a sudden tears burning your eyes. You half wanted to throw your phone across the bathroom. "Shit." You muttered. "Shit!"

You dropped your phone down next to yourself and heard it make a cracking sound on the tile, not caring too much either way. You put your head in your hands. He sounded worse off than you. You had panic attacks, you had nightmares, you wanted to die.

From Jungwon's voice as he spoke about the heavily dreaded and painful topic, it sounded like all of that condensed and lit on fire. You were drowning, but he was dancing in a pit of flames.