033

You sat up to darkness, shaking your head and squeezing your eyes shut. How could you dream something you didn't remember? But of course, you knew it was a true memory. How could it not be if you knew exactly what happened after that?

You felt your breath speed up. "Oh my god." You felt like your heart was tearing apart. "Jungwon..." You whimpered. "Gosh...he probably remembers me, and I had no idea." You let out a pained noise under your breath and put your head in your hands, staring down at where your legs would be if you could see through the darkness.

You heard someone shift in their bed and a blanket turning over. "Y/n?" Lu asked. "What happened?"

"Oh." You squeaked. You cleared your throat. "Oh." You said again. "Nothing...Why are you awake? Are you okay?" You asked. Lu laughed softly. "Yeah, I'm fine. It's almost six, I was just going to get up."

"Oh...what?" You furrowed your eyebrows. How could so much memory take up less than an hour of sleep?

"What time did you sleep?" Lu asked skeptically. You frowned. "No Idea. 5:00 I think."

"Y/n!" Lu scolded softly. "I swear to god." She groaned. "You and Sun both. Do you not understand getting sleep?"

You giggled a little, half of it forced, half of it true. "I guess not..."

"Really, y/n, what's wrong?"

You shook your head as if she might be able to see. Maybe she could if you got up to open the curtains and expose the rising sun. "Just a bad...dream." You concluded.

"Another one of drowning?" Lu whispered. She sounded overly worried, like she knew something was off with you. Again, you shook your head, but this time heard Lu get up in an attempt to go open the curtains or turn the lights on. "No, something different."

"Okay." Lu said. You heard the shuff of the curtains and winced at the small streaks of light flowing in through the window. The room was surprisingly warm when you shrugged the blankets from your shoulders. You tried to remind yourself it would be summer soon.

"I won't force you to tell me, i guess." Lu turned around, stretching as she approached the door. You climbed out of bed and joined her, hearing Bella groaning at the sudden light falling across her face. "Why are you awakee." She whined.

"It's 6:00." You pointed out as you opened the door. Bella groaned again and rolled herself out of bed, stumbling to a stand and approaching the door where you waited and Lu exited.

"Fine." She mumbled. She paused for a second before leaving, "Sungmin unnie! Sun, wake up!" She said in her scratchy morning voice. You let out a breath of laughter and called the same thing to them once she'd left.

"Fineee." Sun groaned.

"Yup, yup, I'm up." Sungmin said instead. She stood up smoothly and stretched as she yawned. "Good job waking up on your own, you three." She gave you a soft smile, her eyes holding no sleep although she'd just gotten out of bed.

You smiled back, sure that you weren't going to ruin her mood by telling her the real reason you were up already. "Yup."

————

Pieces of that memory started to float back to you throughout the week and in between idol work.

In the middle of a dance practice for your comeback, you straight up stopped, making Sun nearly stumble into you. "Y/n, what's wrong?"

You didn't answer, staring at yourself in the wall length mirror. You furrowed your eyebrows. "Sungmin unnie, can we take a break? I need to think."

"Oh...sure. Do you want me to get you water?"