Ch.8

A/N

Hey Google, shuffle my playlist.

"Two weeks ago ever since Samaria came over here. You have been so much better. I'm proud of you. Even picking up some weight again." Keisha pinched her cheeks.

"Sam was right. I needed to get out of that funk. Thank you for making sure I had a warm meal and letting me stay here too. I appreciate it." Chalynn leaned into Keisha.

"You welcome baby." Kissing her forehead Keisha checked her phone. "You ready to go to physical therapy?"

"Yeah. It helps out a lot. After just two weeks I can finally feed myself. I mean, the pain medication helps with that too." Chalynn slowly got out of her chair and stood to her feet as Keisha sat back down. "You not taking me?"

"Nope. You have another ride." Before Chalynn could protest or say anything else she saw Key walk into his mother's house.

"You just let random people walk into yo house?" Chalynn looked between Keisha and Key because he came in as if he had a key.

"You ain't tell her?" He asked sitting down at the island.

"I figured since her lil behind was pretending to be sleep I figured she already knew." Keisha took a sip from her coffee mug.

"Tell me what?" Lay looked between the two of them absolutely confused.

"That Markeyvius is my son."

Chalynn looked between the two of them and burst out laughing. "I knew that. I just wanted to hear y'all say it. Come on sir we're going to be late. Bye motha."

Key grabbed her fitness bag before heading to his incognito car. He helped her inside and put on her seat belt before jogging to his door and getting inside.

Sneaking a glance at her, he noticed how pretty she still looked, even though she was thinner than he first saw her and it looked like she was in pain any time she laughed, moved or even smiled. He was happy to see she was alive.