Ch. 14

A/N

Somebody asked for the last book to have more of their pasts showcased so boom.

Trigger warning: sexual assault // I absolutely love Vedo I can't believe I'm doing him like this.

Hey Google, shuffle my playlist

✨

Now Playing

Now Playing

☁️Sweet Dreams by Beyoncé ☁️

Flashback

"ChyChy. I'm hungry." Nine year old Marlee whined as she tugged on her sisters arm. A year rolled down the child's cheek and her lips were cracking from the dryness.

Chalynn had went out earlier to stand on the street and collect a few dollars so that she could feed if not herself at least her little sister.

"I know LeeLee. I tried but nobody gave me anything but five dollars." Chalynn pulled out her tracphone, she had a couple minutes left on there and she knew exactly who to text to make a few quick dollars.

"Breeze said she would help me if I really needed it so I texted her and we'll see. Here, I was saving this for me but I'll get something later." Chalynn tossed the granola bar from under her pillow that sat on the floor over to her sisters sleeping bag. Usually Marlee would protest but she was so hungry that she had eaten it within seconds.

Florence was passed out in the next room, probably in a pool of her own vomit and a needle hanging out of her arm. Flo never wanted her life to turn out this way, she told herself after Marlee was born that getting clean was her top priority. Heartbreak after heartbreak made it too hard to be clean.