I'm taking everything from you

Lance's POV

I watch as the sub goes down, taking Walter and my sister to safety. I knew Walter would take care of her if something happened. I heard the conversation they were having as I was turning back. I know they're a good fit for each other, and I want her to be happy. "I fly solo," I say to myself. I turn around and make my way to the ruins that hid the weapon facility.

I hop over the rubble and keep my eyes peeled for any sign of a robot hand or the assassin. I hop into a hole in the ground and look around, my eyes then catch the sight of red light. I look around the corner to see a red glitching screen I walk over to it, but run into glass. It looks like those side effects are still being sorted out. I take a left and keep looking around.

I finally see a familiar figure in the distance and smirk until I'm smacked to the wall. I see an assassin holding with a spinning blade coming to me, but I destroy the machine and toss it next to the man. "I think that's yours!" I shout and walk up to the man. "But that face you've been using is mine. It's over. The database isn't gonna do you any good with your fancy toy messed up like that." I say smugly. The man chuckles and speaks to me through the reflection of the glass. "You thought I was gonna use one drone to take out every name on the list?"

I falter and glance around. "I mean, I did. Until you asked that question that way. Casts a little doubt." I admit. The man begins to pace while taking out the data. "Tell me, agent Sterling." He says and inserts the device. "You managed to stop one drone." The lists of agents all show on the screen and all of them light up, saying target acquired. "How do you plan on stopping 1000?" He asks. I see red lights surround me and I look around to see assassins coming to life.

I look back to the man, who makes a gunshot gesture. I then feel electricity come over me, pain filling my head. I fall to the ground as I watch the man walk into my vision and lift a glass. "Sleepy night-night." He says before I pass out.

I wake up a bit later to see myself cuffed to a chair and screens displayed in front of me. I then look to my side to see an assassin floating there, but out of my reach. I hear footsteps and see the man approaching me. "Do you feel that dread? Ooh, can you feel it? Rolling around you like a fog."

"I told you, I don't even know you, man," I tell the guy. "But I know you." He says and he grips my face in his claws. "Think about it. No?" He circles me. "I'll give you a little bit of help." He pinches my shoulder tightly. "Kyrgyzstan." He says, and then it hits me. "Ah, he remembers." He exclaims. "I mean, I certainly never forgot that day. You were magnificent. You were a one-man army. Lots of witty catchphrases and you had all the fancy toys that just went boom!" The then taps his neck to reveal that half of his face is metal.

 I shake my head and talk. "You were a bunch of bad dudes about to hurt a lot of innocent people. And it's my job to keep everyone safe." I retort. "Everyone?" The man scoffs. I watched every single one of my people die as your agency's weapons rained down on us. You took everything from me." I feel the guilt from that day's return and listen to his next words. "And you know the rules. You hit me hard, Sterling." He says and points at me and opens the window. "I hit back harder." He then sends all but one assassin off.

"What, you think you need a bodyguard?" I ask, trying to build confidence. "Oh no no no. This one has a special target." He says and he starts pulling up a screen of y/n. My eyes widen and I look back to the man, who smirks. "OOH, I like that look. How fun it'll be to kill the number one thing you care about in this world." He chuckles. "All of this..." He then transforms his face to look like mine. "because of you."

An alarm goes off to show a sub coming for us. "Non-no," I whisper. "Oh, lookie. Christmas came early, big brother." He says lowly and drags me to the window to watch. I watch in dismay as he sends two bots to kill the two. I beg the man to stop, not hurt them. They had nothing to do with what happened in Kyrgyzstan. "Stop! Please! There's another way!" I yell before I see a jolt in the water, signaling there was an explosion. 

"NO!" I scream and I feel tears prick my eyes. They're gone. I wasn't gonna hear my sister's rambles, I wasn't gonna hear a pigeon fact from Walter. They're gone. I wasn't going to hear how their first date with, They're gone. I wasn't going to teach them all they know. They're gone.

The last person that I had was family. Gone.

Tears fall and I begin to break down. I feel metal on my shoulder. "I'm gonna take everything from you." The man says and he walks away, but I pay no attention. She was there for me her whole life. She was what gave me confidence in missions, and now she's gone. Along with the only person that I was going to let her have a life with. He was a great kid, he's good to y/n.

It wasn't supposed to be like this.

I look over the horizon, just waiting for them to pop up from the water, saying they're okay. 

But the only thing that surfaces is those damn assassins.