Prologue

"Lance, we're home!" A woman's voice was heard in the house as her husband closed the door behind them, holding a wicker basket. A teenager walked into the room as a smile formed on his lips, happy to see his folks back home on date night. 

"Welcome back, how was your date?" The teen asked with his eyebrows quirked, but he already knew how well it went by the look on their faces. There was also the fact that they were a few hours later than they originally intended, but they texted him, telling Lance that they needed to do something.

"It was wonderful, thank you for asking." The woman kindly said with a smile on her face and leaned toward her husband for a kiss. "Aw, c'mon? Alright, I'm outta here." The boy groans as he attempts to walk back to his room. Keyword: attempts. 

"Get back in here, Lance." The father sternly says with a smirk. Lance groans in exasperation before going back into the room. "Whaaaaaaaaaaaat?" He asks with a childish pouting face.

"We have something to show you." The mom practically sang to him. This caught the teen's interest. 

" A gift for me? But it's yours and mom's anniversary." He says confusedly.

Lance then finally notices the basket that his dad was holding. "Wait, did you get a pet?" He asked suspiciously, not taking his eyes off the basket.

The two adults look at each, trying to contain their laughter. "Well, not exactly." The mom says. Lance then thinks hard about what they mean, but he comes up with nothing.

"C'mon, let's go to the living room." The dad says, motioning his head in the direction of the living room.

The other two nodded their heads and followed the man to said room.  It only took a little while to reach the room and have themselves situated in their own seats. The parents take the blanket away all of a sudden.

Lance jumps out of his seat and runs up to the basket. "You got a baby?! Are you guys replacing me?!" He asks frantically while not taking his eyes off the baby's face. "What? No, Lance this you're little sister, y/n." The mother explains. Lance looks back down and stares into the baby's e/c eyes.

"Y/n, huh?" Lance asks growing fond of the kid. The dad nods his head. "Her parents were our best friends. We promised to take good care of her. Do you think you can keep her safe?"

Lance bobs his head in excitement. "I'm gonna be the best brother ever!" He freezes when he hears the little being mumble a bit and stir. Once the baby calms down, Lance whispers, "The best." The parents do their best to hold in their laughter.

(Sorry for the short, but the other chapters will be longer, I just want to plan them out accordingly)