8.

Hermione sat on her bed thinking about everything that had happened with Draco that day when Ginny came and smiled at her.

"So how did it go?"

Hermione looked up waiting for Ginny to elaborate. She should have known Ginny was talking about her walk, but she was extremely tired and wasn't thinking clearly. 

"Your walk?"

"Ahh, it went alright. Draco seems to be okay with all of this. He was apologetic." 

"Well as long as he is being nice to you." Ginny was still frowning. She had to talk Ron out of doing something drastic when Hermione left, and she figured the girl in front of her was too fragile to hear anything about that. 

"Ginny, can I ask you something?"

"Always Hermione. You know that."

"I...Do you think it is going to upset everyone once I'm finally happy? I mean I'll be with Malfoy."

"Hermione, all any of us want is for you to end up okay after all of this. If you are happy that is going to make us happy. That is all any of us want. Ron included."

"Even if it means that Malfoy is the one making me happy?"

"Yes Hermione. I promise. If in the future Malfoy is the one that is making you happy, and he continues to be nice to you and change from his past I will be happy for the both of you. I promise."

"Thank you Gin," Hermione laid down on her bed. She was exhausted and was planning on skipping dinner. She was hoping that being so tired would hold off the nightmares tonight and she could actually get some sleep before class tomorrow. 

Hermione made an effort to speak to Draco every day that she saw him even if it was just a small smile and a hello. It was making things less awkward and terrifying every time she did so, and today she was even going to ask him to study with her this weekend. She had decided that it might be a good idea to study with one another during her potion lesson. She was usually so great at paying attention, but she had no idea what was going on in the past couple of lessons and Draco was so good at potions she figured he would be able to help her out. 

When Slughorn released the class she waited for Draco to get up and she approached him with a smile. 

"Draco?"

"Yes?" Draco had gotten used to short conversations with Hermione, which he thought were a step in the right direction. They hadn't been in any screaming matches up to this point and he figured that was a good start. 

"I was wondering, and hoping really that you would want to study after supper later? Maybe in the library. I have no idea what is going on in this class and could really use the help."

"That sounds good. We could meet at the library around 6:30 if that is alright?"

"Okay, thank you." Hermione didn't know what else to say and like most other conversations they had, she ended them by giving a small wave and walking away. She still had no idea what to make of everything that was happening, but she was at least comfortable enough to be around Draco without freaking out. 

Hermione sat next to Ginny at dinner and saw the bright smile on her face at once. 

"What's going on?" 

"Harry finally told my parents everything that had happened. And he wrote to me to say that they approved. Basically, they are happy that we are together and getting married. Plus my mom sent me a letter telling me that McGonagall approved a weekend trip to the Burrow so that I can find a dress. Not until after Holloween, but she said you can come too."