Chapter 3: Attention

CELESTINE'S POV:

THE NEXT DAY

Tapos na Ang birthday ko at mabilis ko ring nakalimutan Ang nangyari kahapon kaya pinatawad ko na si Mommy.

*WENT DOWNSTAIRS*

Celestine: Hello mom good morning *kissed Irene*

Irene: Hello nak

Celestine: Oww You still here? *Looking to Trisha*

Irene: Anak you already forgot? She's gonna be staying here Hanggang makauwi mama niya.

Celestine: Oh ok

While we are eating breakfast, my mom and Trisha are talking to each and laughing. But they didn't talk to or share the story they talking about. As if I was a ghost eating at the chair. Binilisan ko ang pagkain ko at umalis na ako doon. Hindi man lang ako hinabol o Tinanong man lang ni mommy kung bakit Ang bilis Kong Kumain ughhh. A few hours later, mom came to my room and asked me if I was ok. Of course I told her that I was fine. So she went out and didn't even say a single word. That's when I realized that she doesn't care about my feelings now. She is giving all her attention to Trisha. I felt thirsty so I decided to go downstairs to get some water. But I have a plan to be cold to them. But I was surprised to see no one in the house except me. So I texted mommy where they are.

*The Conversation*

Celestine: Mom where are you?

Irene: oh sorry nak Hindi ko nasabi sa'yo nandito kami ngayon sa mall

Celestine: What! Why didn't you tell me... I'm your daughter mom!

Irene: Ok sorry nah at wag na wag mokong sisigawan hah

Celestine: What! Ikaw na nga tong may kasalanan ako pa Ang masama ngayon

*HINDI SUMAGOT SI IRENE*

(7:00 PM)

Irene: Nak? Nandito na Kami!

Celestine: Did you buy me food?

Irene: Oh sinasabi ko na nga ba may nakalimutan ako eh sorry nak ah bilhan kita next time...

Celestine: Gosh mom, Am I not your daughter anymore.. you always forgot about me.. But always pay attention to Trisha..

Irene: No that's not true I love you

Celestine: Love? Is this what you call love? So now love is to make your child hate herself and make your child jealous? HOW FOOLISH IS THAT LOVE!

Irene: No Anak that's not what I mean

Celestine: Then what? Mom please wake up! You don't acknowledge my love for you anymore.. you don't care about my feelings anymore.. Open your eyes mom.. Wag mong hayaang maging walang kwenta kang Ina!

Irene: *Slap Celestine* How dare you say that to your own mother!

Celestine: Ouch! Then how dare you do that to your own daughter!
*RAN TO HER ROOM*

Irene: Celestine!

Trisha: Ma hayaan mo na Siya!

Irene: Hindi ko na alam Ang nangyayari sa Anak ko... *Hugged Trisha*

I went to my room and I forgot to lock the door. I called Tita Imee and wanted to stay at their house.

*Answered*

Imee: Hello?

Celestine: Hello Tita?

Imee: Oh Celestine bakit ka tumawag?

Celestine: Tita can I stay Po muna Jan sa house niyo?

Imee: Sure bakit ano ba nangyari?

Celestine: Mom and I were fighting Po kanina and She slapped me Po

Imee: Ano! Naku sumusobra na talaga yang nanay mo ah! Ano kinampihan ba Yung hampaslupa niyang Anak-anakan?

Celestine: I don't think so Po kasi Hindi naman po kami Ang Nag-Away pero I saw them Po hugging kanina while I was coming here in my room crying...

Imee: Sige ayusin mo na yang mga gamit mo susunduin na kita

Celestine: ok Po Tita

When I was talking to Tita, I didn't know that mom is listening to our conversation.

Irene: Celestine?!

Celestine: Oh my gosh mom you scared me!

*On the phone*

Imee: ha! Sino yan Celestine?

Celestine: ah Tita si Mommy lang call me later nalang po bye Tita love you

Imee: ok love you

*IRENE'S MIND*
Maypa iloveyou² pa