A Cocktail Party: A Short Teaser

There was a lot of things Vi said she would never do. Stuffy parties and wearing formal wear was one of them. The tie around Vi's neck wasn't the most comfortable and people stared at her pink hair. She covered up her tattoo on her cheek with some sort of makeup she had gotten, while the suit covered the rest along her arms and back. Vi never would have agreed to come to this event if it wasn't for Caitlyn pleading and promising it was only for the night. Of course, Caitlyn had only asked Vi to wear some sort of formal wear, to which Vi responded she would not be wearing a dress. There was no mention of covering up her tattoos.

Vi ignored the stares of people from Piltover's upper class and families and found her way to the bar as she waited for Caitlyn to get there. "I don't care what you give me, just a shot of something strong," Vi told the bartender who picked up a bottle and slid the glass to Vi. She downed it and motioned for another as she saw Caitlyn walk in with Jayce. 'The fuck is the pretty boy doing walking in with Cait?' Vi snarled in her head. She downed the other shot before Caitlyn could see her and then turned her eyes back to the sniper.

Her eyes trailed down Caitlyns dark purple dress that had a deep V neck and high slit up one side. It hugged every curve, and Vi wasn't the only one who had noticed. Caitlyn felt the stare of Vi from the bar and excused herself from Jayce, who was trying to get her to go with him to a different Gala. She noticed Vi's glares at Jayce from across the room. She nodded her head to the door and waited for Vi to get up from her seat before she walked out of the door and into a side hallway.

Vi followed a second later, her strong easy strides crossing the room faster than Caitlyn's who stood waiting for Vi's presence. "Why are you glaring at Jayce like you want to throw him off a roof?" Caitlyn asked with her hand on one hip. The stance made her leg show off just how high the slit of the dress really was and revealed a series of chains that had jewels wrapped around her thigh. The sight made Vi want to pay special attention to them later.

"I didn't know you were coming with him." Vi bit out, jealousy was not a thing Vi was used to feeling but she'd be damned if she would sit and watch Jayce make moves on Cait.

"Coming with him? He met me at the door, Vi. I drove myself here." Caitlyn told her searching Vi's face. "What did you do to your tattoo?"

Vi ran a hand through her hair. "I covered it up."

"Why did you do that? I'm quite fond of them." Caitlyn asked brushing Vi's cheek where the tattoo was inked on her skin.

"Figured it would look out of place here. People are staring at me for my hair as it is." Vi said meeting Caitlyns eyes.

"Let them stare, it doesn't matter. I'm here with you and you are the most beautiful person here."

Vi chuckled and wrapped an arm around Caitlyn's waist, "No princess, that would be you."

"Thank you for coming to this with me," Caitlyn said as she nuzzled closer to Vi.

"Only for you," Vi said resting her chin on Cait's shoulder.

"We only have to stay an hour. Then we can leave." Caitlyn said pulling back to look at Vi's face. "Also, no more drinks, I can smell them on your breath and I'd have a rather hard time carrying you to the apartment." 

"As long as pretty boy stays a good distance," Vi told her nuzzling into Caitlyn's neck.

"You have nothing to be worried about, I have no intention of being more than friends and coworkers with Jayce," Caitlyn said as Vi's breath tickled her neck.

"Good because after we leave, I plan on having you all to myself for tonight." Vi whispered in Caitlyn's ear, sending shivers down the enforcers spine. Suddenly, Caitlyn couldn't wait to leave with her pink-haired, tattooed partner.