{C}The Cave

Her eyes strained open. Hearing incomprehensible mumbles as she scans the room. Her arms chained to the wall that she is propped against.
"This is all too familiar," R/N's horse voice rang through the room. Waking the creature that was still on her lap. It looked like a small rabbit, it's ears were large and covered in green and teal feathers. Its hind legs also represented the soft colors. It opened its big eyes, its stare pouring into R/N's tired eyes. Full of wonder as it wiggled its small nose, it looked like it was smelling something tasty in the air.
R/N tried to move her arms, but they seemed like they were glued to the wall, unmoving. She sighed. She then tried to move her legs, this time being successful as the rabbit creature hopped off her thighs and sat patiently as R/N stood. Her chained wrists kept her from going anywhere. She had realized that her shoulders were wrapped in small bandages, the pain still there but less than before. She never thought that her 'captors' would help her in any way. She wiggled her wrists, the chains were not too tight that it hurt, but they were tight enough to be uncomfortably snug.
R/N had come to a quick halt when she heard the whispers of others, her ears perked and quickly went flat on her head as the door to the cell room opened. Her mouth turned into a snarl as her eyebrows furrowed as a short, cloaked creature with glowing white eyes had walked inside. R/N quickly picked up the scent of something sweet, as the creature stepped through the door more, the fox had spotted a small tray in its small hand. Upon the tray were hot, steamy, buns of some kind, they were an off white color with a golden brown finish on the swirled tops. She relaxed, not completely but more than before.
The creature set the tray down on a small table before taking off its hood, revealing a femenine looking dwarf, their hair as white as the freshly fallen snow, their skin almost as dark as the night sky, a small horn protruding from the middle of their forehead. R/N leaned back on the wall, an annoyed, yet, intrigued look plastered on her face.
"You are not from around here, correct," the creature's voice was soft as they turned to the buns, moving one in their hands. They walked towards R/N, and held out their hands, offering the small amount of food. R/N sniffed it before taking it in her mouth and quickly chewing on it. .
"We never had any visitors, everyone deems this island as 'too dangerous', so they all stay away." they said, tucking a piece of R/N's hair behind their ear. "We are glad that you are safe and alive, not many can withstand the pain of the acid rains. We did as much as we could to heal you, there will be scars left, but nothing more than that."
"What's with the chains?" R/N's voice was demanding and filled with malice.
"Forgive us, but we don't know who you are and your intentions. It is just a precaution."
"Well I'm not here to hurt anyone, I didn't even know there were people who lived in this damned forest," the statement caused the dwarf to falter in composure, their shoulders dropping from the high position they were in.
"I'm Rodi by the way," they said, pulling a key from the sleeve of their cloak. They spoke softly as they unlocked the chains from R/N's wrists, "I am the 'princess', as you would call it, of my people, so it took a lot of convincing from my father to even be able to come close to you."
"R/N." Came after a small hum of acknowledgement. The fox rolled her wrists in relief from being freed from the restricting shackles. She sighed as her eyes switched from corner to corner of the room, taking in the soft greys and blues of the room. She stretched forward, hearing her back pop from being lied against the uncomfortable wall. Rodi watched with intent as she placed another bun In front of R/N, just to watch her take it from her hands and chew on it like the fox hadn't had a good meal in years.
"So now that you know me, I want to know you," the princess smiled warmly, leaning towards R/N with her eyes wide, hands full of the rest of the sweet buns. "Tell me about yourself."

Sorry I haven't uploaded. So here's all the holidays I've missed since updating: Happy Halloween, Happy Thanksgiving(to those who celebrate), Happy Hanukkah(t ok those who celebrate), Merry Christmas(to those who celebrate), Happy holidays, and happy new year :)

-Eko