031. new acquaintances

nothing was very different about this particular ball, it was just like every other ball that andie attended

nothing was very different about this particular ball, it was just like every other ball that andie attended. the only thing that was different was the masks and how everyone was faceless.

the main hall was filled with many different people wearing dark colors and a mask of some sort; the mask was either covering the bottom half of their face, the top half, the right or left side of the face, or even their full face.

andie and evan were in the middle of the room, speaking to each other about the decorations of the ball. they were mainly trying to guess who's who.

"hi, meda." a voice spoke, startling the girl.

"um.. hi?"

it was a man, she couldn't tell who it was due to the silver gatto mask on his face. the mask was simple, it had a flat cat design with the letter J under one eye hole. he was wearing a tuxedo with a silky type of texture, in the shade of phthalo green.

yes, phthalo is the actual name for the color.

"it's josh." the man whispered, causing andie to let out a breath she didn't know she was holding.

"oh my god, you scared me!" she sighed, giving josh a playful smack on his shoulder, "i don't recognize anyone in this room."

"yeah—it's a bit scary, if i'm going to be honest."

"how did you know it was me?"

"do you see any other girl in this room with beautiful brown hair?"

that question made andie smile like an idiot, she never knew why. maybe it was his voice, his voice gave her comfort.

"is it okay if i see you in a bit? i have to go, you know — royal duties." Josh chuckled.

"right — oh, wait! i have something for you." andie spoke.