9 - Lessons

[Wow it has been some time, about 5 years since I have written another part for this— btw cray will be 18 and he is a senior for anyone wondering]
[Mr. CC is 22 because music degrees take about 4 years to get — so yes they are 4 years apart but they are both adults]

(Crays POV)

I was so happy the following day when I woke up, the thought of going over to Mr. Cotton's house was like a dream. I looked at my clock to check the time, it read 11:14 am. I always loved sleeping in but I better start getting ready now, I told him I would be there by 2 pm.

The sun beamed through my window and filled my room with light as I listened to the birds chirping. I put a CD into my boombox and turned up the volume. I wanted to look at least decent when I go over so I should pick a good outfit!

"Mmm oh! This should do." I grabbed a pair of overalls and a colorful button-up to go with it.

Before I went downstairs to munch on breakfast, I grabbed my notebook full of piano sheets. My old piano teacher gave this to me before she moved away. Such good memories, I'm glad I had a good teacher. I shut off my boombox.

I slid down the railing of my stairs and grabbed a pop tart and my bag. The front door shut behind me and the wind brushed past my face.

"I can't wait," I said with a bright smile.

--

The paper in my hand which had his address crumpled in my hand as I looked up at his house. I really hope I found the right place.

My heart raced as I held my fist up to the door to knock. This is just a piano lesson. He is just being as generous as he usually is. Nothing more, Nothing less. But, Why am I so nervous? Before I could knock my phone buzzed. I thought my heart jumped out.

I snatched my phone to see who it was.

"Oh thank god it's Alphys," I said. She wanted to know the next time we could hang out. It has been a while.

"Yeah....sure...maybe next," I said out loud while messaging her back. A small habit of mine.

After a moment of going back and forth, I realized I was making Mr. Cotton wait. I quickly sent a message saying I'll talk later and that I was busy. My phone continued to buzz but I didn't want to waste any more time. Ok ok, let's get this over with. Slowly.

Knock. Knock. Knoc-

The door opened quickly like he was waiting right next to it. I put my hand back down to my side and smiled awkwardly. His eyes were black like usual but he wore a lovely sweater instead today. It was a tannish color that suited his pants.

"Hey, Cray, ready for your lesson?" He said while waving me in. Such a warm smile adorned his face. I really must stop thinking like this.

My eyes lit up as I looked around. As soon as you walk in, you are met with a staircase that curved to the left and disappeared. There were also family pictures hanging up; especially cats. Mr. Cotton's house was almost all wooden inside with these intricate designs carved in. He walked over to the large piano, with his hand on the wall, that sat by this fireplace to the left of me. It looked small on the outside but was quite large on the inside.

"You're house is very nice Mr. Cotton!" I exclaimed.

"Thank you," he smiled, "It is very spacious, yet I'm the only one who lives here so not even half the space is being used," he started to feel around for the piano sheets that laid on the piano, "And, not many people come over, besides the kids who come for piano lessons; as well as my sister of course."