Will You Come With Me?

She felt her head splitting into two, the pain was unbearable but being the headstrong girl she was , she didn't want to show her pain.She felt someone running their hand across her face .

The hand was rough and calloused but the touch was loving and filled with warmth. She wanted to open her eyes to see this mysterious person , who was taking care of her.

She felt the pain subside and opened her eyes to find him lying beside her. His hand was resting on her head, and suddenly she has the urge to puke.

She ran and puked in the bowl kept nearby , her sudden movement stirred her sleeping husband.

Jalal woke up to see , Jodha vomiting the colour that Hakim had said she must , if Jodha was indeed not pregnant and he thanked Abdul in his heart for showing up at the right time before Jalal would have exploded at Jodha for her infeidility.

Jodha looked up at Jalal to see him smiling at her , but her vision was blurred, she heard him call the Hakim while catching her in his arms.

" You were right, Shenshah.Jodha begum isn't pregnant and I have tested the drinks and the food that was sent for her to eat, someone has put a solution that can induce effects similar to that of pregnancy."

" Hakim saibha, I hope this will remain within these four walls about what happened here."

"Ji Huzoor"

Jodha looked at Jalal puzzled.

"It's a long story Jodha begum. You have been out for almost 2 days. The day you fainted in front of everyone in the Jashn, the Hakim had declared that you were pregnant.

But Abdul had come that day, and Abdul had his spy stationed near the kitchen, who saw someone putting something in your food and drinks. But the spy was caught and before he could tell me anything , he had sent a letter to Abdul."

"Did you believe it , Shenshah? That I was pregnant?", Jodha looked at him expectantly waiting for his response.

" Does it matter what I thought at that moment?"

" Yes , it does to me.Even if it hurts I want to know.",
Jodha said with her big doe eyes filled with a bit of pain and anger.

" Then hear it, I was angry, filled with rage and stormed out of the room. I didn't want to believe it cause I never touched you and you .... You will never allow any other man to touch you .I hoped it was wrong , it was a false alarm and my suspicions were true when Abdul informed me about someone spiking your drink."

" If that was the case , then why did u ask Hakim saibha to give me a drink to see if I was pregnant or not. If u really trusted me , then ..." , the rest of her words were slurred as Jodha started crying.

Jalal came close to her and wiped her tears with his fingers, " Because, if people were to judge you based on what I told they may feel that I am being biased and not entirely truthful but with the Hakim's words no one can speak against cause she knows the subject best . It was for your best interest I had to do it, and if it hurted you forgive me, it was just to make a statement to others that you are a woman of dignity and character and no one can ever touch you."

Jodha looked at Jalal with her eyes filled with tears, his words had made her feelings for him much stronger than before.

The setting sun had created a dark halo in the room, Jalal had inched closer cupping Jodha's teary eyed face.

He bought his lips closer to hers, Jodha was in a trance, she couldn't push him away, she wanted it.

She felt a slight brush of lips on her, Jalal yanked her other hand and pulled her close to him , thus intensifying the kiss.