What Have We Done ?

The night was lit up with full moon, and Tansen's voice was doing wonders to the young king's heart.

Tansen's voice was igniting the burning desire in Jalal's heart, finally the day had come when Jodha accepted him.

As the night progressed , Maham came and took the wine from Jalal's hand and reminded him about Jodha who was waiting for him.

Jalal's heart was pacing, he couldn't wait to meet Jodha. She had finally accepted him, he finally became her Jalal.

Jodha's Room-

Jodha had changed into a white nightgown laced with golden borders and designs. She was struggling to remove her bangle when she heard footsteps.

"Moti, it's good u came in, can u please remove my bangle."

Jalal went to her in a drunk state, placed her hand in his, and removed her bangle.

Jodha felt a calloused hand removing her bangle, she was familiar with this touch,

"Jalal! ,she exclaimed."

"Your bangle , Jodha begum."

"What are you doing here , so late , Shenshah?"

"What do u think Jodha begum?", Jalal asked her winking and hugged her from behind.

" There's something I have been meaning to say since so long Jodha begum. All this while I have slept with numerous women , I have got the love of many women but never have I felt the way I feel with you. You make me feel complete Jodha begum.", he said with his eyes gazing lovingly into hers .

"Shenshah, I think you have misunderstood my letter, I wanted to tell you that you are like my close friend."

But Jalal paid no heed to her words, he pushed her on her bed and climbed beside her, he saw fear in her eyes which pained him.

" I won't hurt you Jodha begum."

"Shenshah, you are not in your senses, please leave."

But Jalal was so intoxicated that he paid no heed , Jodha had no other option and took her dagger and made a small but shallow cut on Jalal's arm.
The slight pain bought Jalal back into his senses, he felt betrayed.

"You called me today, Jodha begum to spend the night with you. And you hurt me.

Enough Jodha begum , I won't accept this anymore.",

storming Jalal left the room even before Jodha could tell her point of view.

That night, Jalal felt empty like a shell, he felt like the same person he was when he first saw Jodha , a heartless ruthless tyrant and Jodha was heartbroken for the friendship that she was looking to blossom broke down just like that.

Mahamanga had heard about the turn of events from Ruqaiya and they both were more than happy, it was finally working , Jalal would soon get separated from Jodha and then Benazir would take Jodha's place and they would make Benazir obey their words .

Fast forward, almost a week later,

Sujamal on the other hand , saw that Jodha had been really sad since the past one week. He had tried to cheer his sister but in vain she was broken.

He told her about Benazir but all she could do was nod her head.

Jodha tried her best to talk to Jalal but Jalal wasn't ready to hear a word .

To make her feel jealous, Jalal used to call Benazir in Jodha's presence and then tell Benazir to leave after Jodha was out of sight.

Every one felt something was off about Jalal, and then came that day .