10

~We can die a thousand times in one lifetime ~

Zion enters his office with his assistant following him. She was explaining him his schedule. Susan gave him every detail but she has something more interesting which she was curious to tell him.

"Sir, Did you hear rumours about Ashford and Madden? " Susan started the topic. 

"What about them?" Zion asked getting uncomfortable inside. 

" I heard, they are planning to tie a knot. Aiden Ashford and Ember Madden are planning to get married, but none has confirmed the news so far." 

Zion clenched his fist hearing the rumour. Zion has huge crush on Ember for so long, you can't call it crush it's more like a one-sided love. Zion always wanted to go out with Ember but her family was too strict and never allow her to hangout especially with a guy like him. 

He thought of speaking to her after he got successful but didn't get any chance as she was already gone to London. 

The most irritating thing is that Aiden is well aware of his love for Ember and he still agreed to marry her just to make him jealous. 

"DO I pay you for gossip around Susan?" Zion said scaring Susan on her spot. 

"N-no S-sir," She replied.

"Then concentrate more on your work than rumours," He said and dismiss her. 

He realise his love for Ember never died even after all those years. He tried many times to get into a relationship but failed every time. It's not like he has been waiting for her or something it's just he could not get himself attached to anyone else.  

He thought Now that Ember has decided to spend her lifetime with Aiden then he should respect their decision. They both hate him for what he did 5 years ago it's good for them to forget him and move on with their lives.

He need to stop thinking about Aiden and Ember so he decided to take a drive. He took his car out and went for a drive to free his mind. 

Hazel was just near her cafe caring heavy bags in both of her hands when Zion saw her across the road and stop to help her.

Zion founded Hazel a very warm-hearted woman, they had only a few encounters which was only related to business.

"Need some extra hand?" Zion asked jumping in front of her.

"No, thank you but I'll manage" Hazel politely refuse his help.

But Zion snatched the bags from her hands and started to walk toward the cafè.

"Mr Lennon, I told you I'll manage and cafè is just right here"

"Hazel, it's Zion, how many times do I have to remind you?"

They reach the cafè in no time and place the bag on the counter Zion's eyes catch a familiar figure sitting inside.

"Ember!?" Without thinking her name left his mouth and Ember's head moved toward him.

"Do you know her? " Hazel asked and Zion nodded.

Ember was still looking at him so he stepped toward her.

"Zion!" Ember called his name but somehow it sound empty.

"Hi!" There was a huge awkwardness between them.

"It's been a long" Ember started.

"Yeah, too long. How have you been?" Zion asked starting a conversation.

The two were talking while Hazel ask Peter to prepare their order. Ember is regular to their cafe so she knows what she would like to take and Zion is also known to her so she ordered herself on his behalf, not wanting to disturb the couple.