17

~ Her heart is a soft rock, fragile yet so strong. ~

"Nobody ever told you? You should never hit women!"

"Aiden!?"

Aiden pushed the guy and grabbed Hazel's hand pulling her out of the club. She was dumbfounded by his appearance while Ember followed them in silence.

"Aiden! What are you doing here?" Hazel struggles to remove his hand away the hold almost hurting her.

"Aiden stop, where are you taking her?" Ember shouts from behind.

Ignoring them both, he continues to walk until he reaches his car and pushed Hazel onto the passenger seat.

"Get inside!" He ordered Ember.

"Aiden what are you doing? let us go," Hazel yelled at him.

"Shut up!" Aiden snapped at her, almost regretting it the next moment he saw her flinch.

"Don't shout at her Aiden, it was my idea to come here," Ember said.

"She's not a kid who will follow you anywhere. She can make her own decisions." He said looking at Hazel.

"What do you mean? Aiden whatever happened inside has nothing to do with Hazel, it was because I slapped that guy first," Ember tried to tell him the truth.

"And you did the right thing Ember," Hazel said.

The reason for Aiden's appearance is unknown to both girls. Hazel thought he came for Ember and seeing them getting in trouble made him angry but the actual reason is something else.

Hazel was slightly hurt knowing that he was here for Ember and not for her and there would be no chance he would ever come for her.

"It's not about right or wrong, you should have think before slapping that guy. It's a club and god knows what would have happened, if I haven't interrupted. You both could have been hurt." Aiden said.

"I can handle it, just like the one in the club," Hazel was proud of her action but Aiden was not.

"That guy inside was drunk, who can't even stand properly. But what if his friends followed you or worsen attacked you? You might be strong but it's not a movie where you can beat countless people without getting hurt," Aiden was right.

That's true!

"I'm sorry," Hazel realised he was indeed right. She can fight one or two maybe but not the whole group.

But the question is why does he care?

"No, I'm sorry Hazel for causing this problem," Ember said.

"No, Ember you don't have to," Hazel says.

Aiden starts the car still feeling grumpy about all this.

"But Aiden you didn't tell why you came?" Ember asked. Aiden looked at her through the rearview mirror.

It's a question for him too, Why he rushed to the club hearing Hazel on the phone? Why was his heart was beating faster than normal on the way? Why he was worried for her?

He can't say he's come because he was worried for Hazel.

"My father asked me to talk you out for dinner," Hazel tried not to get affected by his answer but somewhere deep inside in her heart, she was affected especially after he started acting soft.

"Your father can't stop, doesn't he? He couldn't stop calling my dad and being a good friend my father has started to think again about our marriage. Don't know when they are going to stop?" The conversation is really uncomfortable for Hazel, so she stayed silent and stayed out of their talk.