Ch- 10 Resign.. And 🎭 Drama

Jungkook's pov

I couldn't sleep. No matter how much I tried, I couldn't fall asleep. i was exhausted mentally and physically but still wasn't able to relax. the strange events of past few days were running on my mind, Taehyung's offer ,my even unexpected response, his disgusting and furious reaction to where I'd been living . Before i could blink, I was back in his condo--- on a permanent basis, or until he was done with his inane plan.

The condo was silent.I was used to the sounds that surrounded me at night- traffic,other tenants moving around ,sound of sirens and violence.these noise would keep me awake, sometimes fearful. Yet there absence wasn't helping at all. The bed was huge-- deep and plush, but the silence however ,too loud.

I stroll out of bed and went to my door. I tiptoed down the hall,pausing in front of the door I knew was Taehyung's room. It was slightly ajar, I bravely pushed it open wide and stuck my head in the opening. He was asleep in the middle of a gigantic bed ---- bigger than mine--- bare chested, and to my surprise ,he snored. The sound was subtle but constant, he appeared so handsome and peaceful, but the point is he wouldn't look that way if he found me in his doorway.

Nevertheless, it was the sound of his even breathing and rumbling snores I needed to hear. To know I wasn't alone in this vast, and unfamiliar space. I listened for a few moments ,left the door opened ,and returned to my room ,leaving the door ajar,too. His odd wheezes offered me a small measure of comfort.

I sighed realizing if he knew he was comforting me, he would probably sit up all night in order to deny my security it brought.

I turned my face into the pillow, and for the first time in months, cried.

-

-

I found Taehyung in the kitchen, sipping hot chocolate from a large mug and indicated I could help myself.

He pushed a piece of paper my way." I wrote your resignation letter."

"You didn't think I could write myself?"

"just wanted to make sure it was simple not too much detailing on reasons for leaving ."

I sighed "If you don't trust me enough to write a simple resignation letter, how do you expect to trust me enough to act like we're ------ lover?"

"One thing I do know about you, Jungkook, is you work hard. You will act exactly the way I need you to act because you want to earn money you're being paid . I'm heading to office. There's a spare key and a pass card for the building on the hall table. Your name is already on the list of tenants. According to the files, you've been visiting here since three months. I want your resignation in my hand at lunch, you'll act as you are there to surprise me or have lunch together."

I gaped at him. It's only eight p.m. and he has done so much planning .

He turned on his heel."See you at the office." then he laughed, the deep voice making me shiver "Sweetheart."

I sat down as the door shut,feeling dizzy.

What had i agree to?

-

-

The time i arrived at office--- i felt tense. nothing was unusual or changed. I knocked on the door of Mr. Kim's office. and entering after his permission. He didn't look up, eyes boring deep into the files. i roamed my eyes around the room noticing Hana the girl from human resource department waving at me with the pretty smile on his face.

"Hi kookie " she chirped.

i had to control myself from chuckling, she was always the energetic type .

"hey Hana-- ," i got cut off by Taehyung .

"Welcome bun.... " He rose to his feet pulling me in his embrace for a hug, i was too shocked to even react. i glanced Hana her eyes were wide like saucers.

Taehyung took the envelope of resignation handing the letter to Hana who was still processing the position I was in. "Take this letter and approve the resignation of Jungkook instantly, i had already signed it ."

"Kookie you are leaving.......why ? Mr.Kim is there anything wrong pleases reconsider it?"

"I can't Hana ,what's done is to be done"

"Mr. Kim, please i request-----"Taehyung chuckled cutting her off. "I can't let my bun stress too much,i wanna take care of him ...so miss Hana would u please"

"OMG...kookie, what magic you have done on the boss-man !"My blood rush over to my cheeks, she chuckled and left the room.

"Should i order to bring our lunch?" before i can even respond the door flung open and Him-Chan strode in. i stopped dead, he was in finance department and had good connection with Taehyung, but I don't like him at all. he would flirt whenever found me alone and kind of act as he is psychopath claiming me as his. but never tried to cross the boundary as i was mostly here accompanying Mr.Kim.

"What the fuck is going on? where are u leaving Jungkook.?"

Taehyung sauntered over to where i stood and turned to me" Go to your desk area and wait for me." his fingers drifting down my cheek "sweetheart, GO" He murmured.

i blinked at him.sweetheart?

His hands wrap around my waist pushing me forward. Completely confounded, I did what he asked. I hadn't made it more than two steps when Him-Chan start yelling and cursing ,reaching out to grab my arm.

Taehyung pushed him away,standing between us. "You don't touch him, Chan, DO YOU UNDERSTAND ME?"

"What the fuck! Are you. . .are you fucking him Kim? he is mine to fuck ,to touch." i held my breath ,it happened to fast ,I had no time to stop, One second Him-Chan was shouting,next Taehyung was standing over his prone figure.

"It's not an affair,Chan .we're in love." Taehyung stated gritting his teeth.

"In love?" Chan dry chuckled,"You can't stand him.You have been trying to get rid of him for months!. are you fighting me over a trashy piece of ass? a worthless fuck?"

soon Chan jaw met with a hard punch from Mr. Kim." NO ONE! talk shit about him" he punched the number and security guards came rushing in."throw him out of the company,and I'll make sure u will come on the road begging . u bastard!"his voice dangerously low and deep. He was the very picture of man protecting something or someone he loved.

He took my hand and stroll to the cubicle area and shouted"NO ONE, i said no one can talk shit about or even think of disrespecting my fiancee. and if u do.....be ready for consequences. examples is right in front of you "he said pointing over the direction where guards were dragging out the screaming Him-Chan.

There was dead silence.He turned towards me "Sweetheart ,we're leaving .Now." I nodded ,then he swept his arm in a wide arc."after you, my darling." My cheeks turned red and i can hear some gasping and whispers "And by the way,so you can stop gossiping and start working cause ,yes, Jungkook and I are together." he announced not at all bothered with the incident that happened few minutes ago.

with those words ,as we stepped into the elevator, he grabbed me,dragged me to him ,kissing me as the doors shut, closing off the shocked gasps.

this was not the resignation i thought.

To be continued. . . .

Kisss.....🌝

What's all gonna happen and how will the barbeque party go??
Will they able to get the act right??