Ch- 13 Show Time.. 👀

Jungkook's pov

Later that afternoon, when I returned to the condo, I felt like a different person.

I had been buffed, scrubbed, and waxed within an inch of my life. My hair had been washed with some body infusing shampoo, conditioned, cut and layered, then blown dry so it was in luxurious waves.

Once my makeup was done, I barely recognized myself. My eyes looked huge, my mouth full and pouty, my skin like porcelain. I hurried upstairs and slipped into the new lingerie and dress that i choose for today.

I took in a deep breath as my nerves began to tighten.

It was time to see if Taehyung agreed.

Taehyung's pov

Impatiently, I drummed my fingers on the counter. I heard the footsteps and turned my head, the glass I was about to drink from, freezing part way to my mouth.

The Jungkook I was used to seeing wasn't this person. As I suspected, with the right clothes, a good haircut, and some makeup, he was quite pretty. Not like the flashy, confident men and women I was used to, but rather an understated beauty he carried well. Not my usual type-however, in this case, it would work.

I glanced down at his hand and frowned. "Where is your ring?"

"Oh."

He took out the box from his pocket, and slipped on the ring. "You need to wear it all the time. Leave the box here."

He smiled-a wide, almost teasing smile. "Thank you so much for reminding me, my darling."

I raised my eyebrows. "My darling?"

"You didn't like Dick, so I picked another endearment. You know, like lovers."

I crossed my arms, glaring. "I think you're laughing at me."

"I would never." He tossed his hair, "So, will I pass?"

"My money was well spent."

"You have such a way with words, Taehyung. So smooth and lyrical. I'm shocked men and women weren't lined up pretending to love you."

His remark made me chuckle. He had a cutting sense of humor, which was something I liked.

Jungkook accepted my extended hand, letting me help him from my car, his eyes huge in his face as he took in the extraordinary house and grounds.

"I don't belong here," he whispered. "They're going to see right through this sham."

I bent low so I could meet his eyes. "No, they aren't," I hissed. "I'm going to stay beside you, and we're going to act as if we're in love." he tilted his head up, uncertainty written all over his face. I softened my voice. "You can do this, Jungkook, I know you can. We both need this to work."

He looked over my shoulder. "Your parents are coming over."

"Then it's show time, sweetheart. I'm going to kiss you and you're going to act as though you like it.

I dropped a kiss on his lips. "I told you to stop wearing this lipstick. I'm only going to kiss it off anyway." Keeping my arm around him, I turned to greet my dads.

And in turn, introduced Jungkook as my fiancée, smiling as he blushed and greeted them both.

"Aish! don't dare you call me Mrs.Kim? " papa stated

"umm...then what?" Jungkook ask confused.

"yahh!! you bunny i am your papa now call me eomma or papa ...whatever you like no formalities." Jungkook eyes become glossy,the expression he has was something I have never seen before......then I realized he was indeed pure .

Reaching out, papa hooked arms with Jungkook, tugging him away. "€ome; let me introduce you to my family. Jimin is dying to meet you."

I had planned to stay close, but it seemed my plans were thwarted at every turn. Once introduced to Jimin then his husbands aka yoongi hyung and hobi hyung. Jimin dragged him to meet his mother in laws Aunt Min and Aunt Jung and Mrs. Wang,while Appa introduced me to several key members of his circle. It was obvious Appa's intention wasn't a secret. He was letting the rest of his valued persons of industry meet me, and I knew their opinions would matter, so I was on my best behavior,putting on the charm.

For the first while, I kept glancing over to Jungkook, wondering if he was saying or doing anything to jeopardize our situation, but he looked surprisingly calm, and seemed to be holding on his own. Appa noticed my preoccupation and ribbed me good-naturally.

"Relax, Tae. No one will kidnap him. I promise."

I forced a chuckle. "Of course not. He, ah, he's rather shy, that's all," I stated lamely. I couldn't tell him why I needed to stay close.

"You're protective of him."

I was? That was what he thought?

A while later, I walked toward the small group of people with Jungkook. I knew I needed to show the some sort of affinity with Jungkook . I hoped he could respond in kind.

The bottoms were laughing, shaking their heads. Jungkook spoke up. "I know, for someone usually so health conscious, Taehyung is terrible. At least he eats better now that I cook for him. The number of take-out menus I found in the drawer when I moved in was frightening." He chuckled.

Stepping up behind him, I wrapped my arm around his waist, drawing his back to my chest and dropping a quick kiss to his neck, noticing his small shiver. "What about you, Jungkook?"

I glanced around at the small group of bottoms he was talking to with a wide smile. "He worries constantly about that, yet every day, I find him eating a peanut butter and jam sandwich." I shook my head, looking back down at him. "I keep telling you, sweetheart, you need to eat more protein. You are far too tiny. I could put you in my pocket, I swear."

"Being your assistant, I was lucky to have time to eat a sandwich."

I kissed him again. "My bad, baby. You shouldn't be so invaluable to me."

Jimin patted on Lisa's shoulder with a smile.

"Lookout, Lisa, you've been warned."

Lisa is appointed as to be assistant of mine after i become a CEO.

"I hope I'm not a disappointment as an assistant after having your fiancée at your side.If, of course, you come on board."" she stated to me.

I stiffened a little, but Jungkook laughed, patting my arm. "Taehyung is brilliant," he enthused. "He is amazing to work with. I'm sure the two of you will get along famously."

Jimin winked at Jungkook. "Spoken like a man in love."

Jungkook relaxed back into me with a small sigh. He glanced up, a gentle smile playing on his lips. His hand traced my jaw, his voice low and husky. "Because I am."

it was an Oscar-worthy performance.

To be continued.........

There's lot to happen...
Will they succeed or another turn is in their road??

Thank you VaishnaviSasi for supporting...