11- Preparing

I'm going to guess this is an official pic because it says Tears of Themis in the top right. Also, I have been informed that people do like Janus, so I might make him a lover if people want.
Also I got a sudden burst of inspiration, so I'll try to just post as many chapters as I can here since this fic does well

After my nap, I called mom. She picked up and spoke.

"Dearest (Y/n), is that you?"
"It is. Good to hear you again mom."
"Ah I missed you. How is it in Stella?"
"Stellis. And it's wonderful. Do you mind if I come back home for a bit? I want to revisit home."
"Oh you don't need to ask my dear. Just say you want to. And bring any friends. Have you gotten a lover yet dear?"
I blushed and sighed. "Mom... No, but I did adopt two kids. If they like Opaline fish, I think they'll come with me."
"Oh really? You'll have to tell me about the cases dear."
"Of course I will mom. But I should bring any friends?"
"Yes. I recently saw Matsuri and Hayumi. They're doing wonderful."
"Sounds good. I guess there's a few people I'd like to ask... I'll tell you however many come with me."
"Okay dear. I can't wait to see you."
"Me too. Love you mom."
"Love you too (Y/n). Be safe. Oh, but the river isn't as clear as it used to be. So I've been raising the fish in our backyard."
"Wait really? What's happening?"
"A testing place or something... I'm not sure... but I noticed the fish were dying more often and caught them. I started raising them in our backyard now."
"I see... Well hopefully it's not going to be too terrible..." I mumbled and she spoke.
"Agreed. Now, go be with those children."
"Right. See you soon mom."

I hung up and smiled. I got ready and walked out. Harry smiled as he was going along with what Joey wanted and she spoke.

"Can I have sweets again?" "We'll have to ask Ms (Y/n)." "But auntie's sleeping..." She mumbled and I walked out.

"Harry, Joey, how are you two?" They looked and Joey smiled. She got up and walked to me. "Sweets please?" She asked and I smiled.

"Alright, you can have one small sweet of your choice." "Straw-" "No strawberry sweetheart." She stared and spoke.

"Then that other flavor!" "Cherry? Alright. Now, I want to take you and your brother out to dinner, so get ready please." She nodded and Harry smiled.

"Thank you (Y/n)." I nodded and gave Joey a cherry lollipop. She smiled and ate it as she left. She got ready and so did Harry. I smiled when we were ready and Joey smiled. She was done when we got to the place and I smiled. I tossed the stick and we got some Opaline fish, both cooked and raw. I smiled and Joey was confused.

"Here. Try this Joey." She nodded and took a cooked one. Harry tried both and smiled.

"It's not bad Ms." "That's good. How do you like it Joey?" "I don't like it much..." "Here. Try this version of it." She nodded and took a piece of sushi. She ate it and shook her head again after swallowing it.

"No. This neither." I smiled and Harry spoke. We did bring plenty to eat since Harry liked it. We got Joey some dinner that she wanted. She was confused why she couldn't have strawberry flavored stuff but started liking cherry more. I smiled and pat her head as we ate dinner.

"I'll find a babysitter or a friend to take care of you two. I know you can take care of her, but you can't watch her on schooldays. And I don't want you missing school because of me." "I know. Thank you." He nodded and I smiled.

I called Ms Marino and she quickly picked up.

"Got enough sleep?"
"I only took a two hour nap. I was just eating dinner with two kids I adopted."
"Oh I see. So why did you call me back?"
"You seemed like you wanted to talk. And I wanted to ask if you'd like to come with me somewhere?"
"Oh? I'm listening."
"It's really short notice so I get it if not... but I lived in Opaline Village and I'm going to see my mother. She said I could invite any friends and I wanted to know if you'd come with me. Ms Mendoza too if she'd like. Though... it wouldn't-"
"Jen! I need to organize a vacation!" I sighed and Ms Marino spoke.