Nightmare and Therapy?

Megan P.O.V

It's been around two weeks now, more or less since Al opened up about Sophie and Avery's diagnosis. It feels like we have grown closer, like she could finally trust me. 

However, it's been really tough on her.  We have been taking turns sleeping at each other's house because I don't want her to be alone. It's not like we have officially moved in, though I would love to, I just want her to know I'm always going to be there for her whenever she needs me. 

I woke up earlier than usual today, I couldn't sleep a wink last night after hearing her scream in her sleep. She has been having nightmares every night for the past two weeks. It's like her emotions don't let her sleep at all. I have an idea that I know will help but I'm afraid if I say it she would push me away, misunderstanding my point.

I was making us an English breakfast, with scrambled eggs, baked beans, sausages, bacon, and toasted bread. When I was in the middle of plating, I sensed Alex's arms wrapping around my waist from behind, placing her chin on my shoulder, nuzzling closer to my neck tickling me and taking in my scent, she sighed contently. 

"What are you making?" she asked with eyes closed. 

 I turned in her arms, holding the plate up to her face, "your favorite!", I shrugged. 

"Thank you, babe" Alex smiled. I looked at her taking in, her dark eye circles and heavy eye bags. 

"How did you sleep?" I asked knowing and she always lied, not telling me how she feels exactly. 

"Great", she smiled circling her arms around me, pulling me closer that I can smell the mint from her toothpaste. 

"And you?" she asked.

Nodding, I said, "good", and she knew what I exactly meant. 

"Let's eat!" I pulled her towards the dining. 

Setting her plate down, I took a seat opposite her. I waited for her to take the first bite, I love seeing her eat the food I made, it makes me happy. 

Alex after taking her first bite in, dropped her cutleries, staring at me. 

"Wh-what's wrong?", I hesitated.

She took a second, looked at me straight, and said, "I don't deserve this. This is hands down the best home-cooked breakfast Meg. I love it. Thank you so much!!" she exclaimed making my heart drop. 

With a hand on my chest, I released my breath that I didn't even know I was holding in for long. 

"Asshole" I muttered.

She giggled and continued eating like a starving animal, "you scared me", I exclaimed and continued digging into my food. 

As much as I love seeing her eat, there was something bothering me in the back of my head. 

"Megan", Alex called pulling me out of my trance, I looked up questioningly, "you're staring", she said. 

"Oh, I'm sorry, I didn't realize", I said, hiding my blushing cheeks from her.

"Is there something on your mind?" she question hesitantly. 

I took a second and shook my head, "no, there's nothing"

She knew it. Dropping the spoons down, she took my hand in hers, from across the table.

"What is it?" Alex asked, giving me her full attention. 

"Do you really wanna know?" I wanted to make sure she was okay before I said this.

She sighed deeply, stroking my hand with her thumb, and nodded for me to go on.