Epilogue

Alex's P.O.V

Lying on the couch, my legs were stretched to the other end of the couch whilst my head was laid on Megan's lap. Her fingers playing with my hair and massaging my scalp makes me drowsy.

Turning over to face her, she looked down at me and smiled.

"What?", she asked with a tint of blush when she realized I was merely staring at her in a daze.

"How did I get so lucky?", I said not questioning her, but myself.

Chuckling, she messed my hair and placed a soft peck on my temple.

"I'm the lucky one, Al", I shook my head disagreeing with her but she continued.

"I longed for so long to be with you", she sighed with a longing look in her eyes, thinking back to the first few months before we started officially dating. 

"You didn't even have to do anything. Just a smile over your shoulders and I would be running after you," she confessed making me all shy and mushy now.

"Can I ask you something?" she nodded approvingly.

I sat up quickly and bolted into our room. I could hear Megan's distant chuckle from our bedroom at my clumsiness on the way to our room. 

I thought of doing this more romantically but what is better than asking her to marry me in our own home. It's where we live and where we would continue building a life together. If that's not romantic, I don't know what is. Besides, I just can't hold out myself anymore in making her mine completely.

Taking the elegant box that holds the one thing that would bind me to her. I hid it behind me and walked back to the living room, one foot in front of the other, softly with little hesitance in the fear of rejection.

"Did you buy me a gift? What is it? Did you do somethin you shouldn't and this is your way of making it up to me?", Megan asked with a smirk seeing my hands hid behind my back and a finger tapping her chin trying to intimidate me with her teacher look.

I was down on both my knees in front of her. It was just to hide my shaking legs from holding me up and dropping me down embarrassingly. Sigh.

"It isn't exactly a gift, but if you accept it, then you may be able to give me the best gift of my life." I said softly, confusing her. I couldn't stop the smile from growing on my face. I knew its something she had always dreamed about but there's a little bit of insecurity in me that thinks she may not be ready for it.

Take your head out of the gutters woman. Just do it and marry her already.

My inner-self screamed at my dumb thoughts. Gulping and clearing my throat, I began to speak.

"Megan, thank you for choosing me. You are my light at the end of the tunnel", Megan's eyes were already filled with tears about to spill when she got the hint of the surrounding which my trembling voice gave away inevitably. Shaking my head and wiping her tears with my thumb, I continued speaking.

"After losing Avery, I was completely broken. Never in my wildest dreams did I think that I would fall in love again. I lost every hope and was merely working to pay my bills off and just waited for life to take over. I was left with no interest in anything at the time. And then you came into my life shining a new light. I hurt you at every turn I could. Did my best to push you away but no matter what I did, you still came back to me Megan. You never left my side." She tried to stop me but I shook my head asking her to allow me continue.

"You made me realize how much I missed my family. You reunited me with my family. I couldn't thank you enough for that. But all I could do and want to do is, if you let me I would want to build a family with you. A life full of love and care with you. I promise to never intentionally hurt you ever, and stay with you until life allows me to until you can't put up with my annoying arse anymore" Megan gasped and chocked on her tears when she laughed at my last sentence, her face tinted in shades of red, she pulled me closer for a hug.

Pulling back slightly, I said, "I'm not done yet red light", she chuckled at that and nodded for me to continue.

And this is the moment people. The beating heart is a killer. 

I kneeled down on one knee in front of her, taking her left hand in mine and bringing the little box forward. I heard her sucking in her breath when I finally pulled the box open.

"I didn't think it was going to be this nerve-racking babe", she laughed when my whole body trembled on the ground and voice shook.

Taking a deep breathe, encouraging myself to continue, I uttered the words she'd been waiting to hear ever since we first met by looking straight into her eyes.

"Will you make me the happiest person on Earth by being my wife, Megan?", my whole world halted waiting for her to respond.

I felt all the butterflies erupting in my stomach and my face red with anticipation. But one look at her, I knew this was the best thing I have done.

Pulling me up, Megan threw herself on me whispering yes over and over in my ears and placed sweet kisses around my face.

"Yes?" I asked again cupping her face in mine.

"Yes. I can't wait to marry you Alex", she screeched shoving her hands up and bouncing on her feet up and down.

"I love you so much", I said when the realization of what I did finally settled in. My cheeks hurt from smiling so wide.

"I love you so much fiancée", Megan said back in pure happiness. 

The end!