Episode 748

Requested by: AlphaGodzilla97

A/N: I said I'll update during Christmas, but I'm sorry I didn't make it on day 1, nor day 2. So I'll make it on day 3, and I hope the turtle doves aren't gone yet (bad joke)

Scene: Sato and Takagi, when they're going to the car

"Did you know that scene was ad-libbed?" 

The interviewer had her eyes wide open. "It was? Wow! That scene had me sitting at the edge of the seat the whole time! I-I mean I could tell that the miscommunication is going to cause something, but–Wow! Sorry, I'm a little speechless." 

Miwako chuckled. 

"If you remembered, the referenced scene was also ad-libbed. This time, instead of funny, it was going to be serious," Wataru said. 

"So what's the struggle this time?"

"Because it is a serious scene, we had to make sure it was funny and yet, the perfect opening for the misunderstanding to happen."

"We had a lot of tries for this!" Miwako said. "So the referenced scene was of a snake. Our first try went similar to this–"

Try #1

Wataru opened the door and shouted immediately. "A SNAKE!" He wanted to just step back, but then he slipped and fell backwards later.

"It wasn't very funny actually. As the fall was unexpected, no one had the time to laugh. I think Wataru knocked his feet against the car door." Miwako commented as she winced at the memory. Wataru rubbed his hands together, preventing himself from rubbing away the phantom pain.

The interviewer cringed too, somewhat understanding the pain. "Ouch, that must have hurt."

"Thinking about it makes my feet ache," Wataru remarked, now really rubbing at the shoe that covered the "injury".

The interviewer bounced back quickly, her hands shaking in excitement to hear the rest of the story. "What else?"

Miwako eyed her partner, and Wataru surrendered. His hands moving to say, "go ahead."

"Well, there's this one that sent everyone cackling..."

Try #4

Wataru pulled the handle slowly, opened the door by a smidge, enough for his voice to be heard by Miwako. Next, he brushed down his clothes, even though she would not be able to see him. He coughed, then tested his voice, making sure to push it up as high as possible. 

"Ah-ah! Excuse me," he asked. Wataru knocked on the window panel. "There's no snake around to scare me, right? Miwako-chan~"

"I remember the director giving the 'cut' signal after he added a kissing sound. Everyone was already clutching their stomachs and laughing then," Miwako recalled. She giggled at the memory. "He later opened the door so wide, the cameras didn't need to find an angle. He was then doing those wide-armed blow kisses and then–"

Miwako did what she described and added the loud smoochy sound. "Muah! And I was just laughing. I couldn't even look at him and that cost us for the next two tapes. I couldn't stop laughing!"

Wataru smirked. "I wasn't even serious for that cut anymore. There's this fine line of serious and comedy that's hard to toe between the two. The stakes were high here! It was a good break. Miwako is an excellent straight man. She even joined in and pitched her voice even higher to reply."

The interviewer was in stitches. "Let's watch the video again, shall we? Just this part alone was uploaded onto the internet, but it has garnered more than five million views over the past few days."

"Oh no–"

"OH YES! HAHAHA!" Miwako held onto Wataru's hand and pat it consolingly. "Let's watch! Don't worry, you did great!" The interviewer did not miss the way Wataru leaned into his female partner's space. Her grin widened.

"...uWAAAA! Enough with your playful act please! Eh?" The video replayed. Miwako laughed at Wataru's increasingly red cheeks while the latter futilely tried to cover them. The video then showed the dramatic mood drop between the two frames–the charm of the episode.

"I can't believe it, five million because my joke fell through. I'm gonna get a moniker again," Wataru faked a cry as he wiped as imaginary tear from his eye. The two ladies giggled. Suddenly, the interviewer's eyes lit up as she snapped her fingers.

"Oh by the way, I heard you two are getting married!" The interviewer squealed. "Congratulations!"

The way the two of them bowed and thanked her for the blessing was made into a meme that travelled across the net.

Title: When you and your friend share the same brain cell