Episode 10

~Conan when he had to call Ryouko with Shinichi's voice~

"When you're the main character but actually the side character." Shinichi groaned as he slumped against his chair prepared in the studio. 

Conan had to act out his parts, pretend to panic for him and all and this big brother is really proud of his gifted and talented little brother. He was so expressive, it really felt like he had been shrunk into a mid -Child. For the scene, he even had to act like a snob while dissing the professor's inventions.

The scene was at Ryouko's house, when Conan hides in the restroom to call. There were a few adorable moments of Conan when he was acting out that part. Such as:

Conan had never received the box inside before, so when he took it out, his eyes were sparkling with amazement. The box was a bento-looking, really metallic feeling box. He saw a few buttons disguised in the rice and the lid sprang up to reveal a fax machine. 

"UWA! THIS IS SO COOL!"

"Conan-kun, please stay in character?"

"PRODUCER-SAN! THIS THING IS SO COOL!"

Conan turned and flipped the box, shutting the lid to open it again. He threw his hands up in the air and cheered with joy. "WAHHH THERE'S EVEN A GAME SET HERE! IT'S A GAMEBOY!"

Ran had to stop filming as well because of how adorable Shinichi's little brother is. She was giggling at the side lines. It seems like the little boy had forgotten the unimpressed face he had to show when he saw the equipment. 

Thankfully, Ran sent it (the video she took of Conan) to Kaito (oddly) and Kaito sent it to him. 

Now, he had to voice over all the parts that required his voice, rather than Conan-chan's. 

"It's a kidnapping, isn't it? The one who was kidnapped was Akagi Mamoru-kun. He's the brother of the soccer player Akagi Hideo, who is now on screen. The kidnapper's demand was for Hideo-san to lose intentionally in the game. You even told Mouri-san that you were going out with me because you wanted to get in contact with me as soon as possible and lead me to the scene to explain the case fully. I assume that the kidnapper threatened to kill Mamoru-kun if you got the police or any detectives involved. Your reason for using Akagi Ryouko as an alias was because you don't want to raise any suspicions from the others. Am I wrong?" By the end of the entire paragraph, despite taking timed breaks through the speech, Shinichi was exhausted. If only Kaito was not involved in the Magic Kaito production. 

Oh, how he wanted to switch places with him!

Sadly, he cannot do magic, nor did he have the charismatic charm Kaito possessed. 

However, what got his heart beating the most was not Conan's acting skills or Ryouko's instant fake tears that were a sign of great acting ability. It was Ran's anger in the entire episode while trying to chase him/Conan from the restroom. 

She sounded so jealous, it felt so real, it was like she was really very angry that he was missing and is pissed off to find him in someone's house rather than being on a "difficult" case.

Did she like him? 

Is she in love with him?

Shinichi's face turned red immediately, as he tuned out his producer's voice to say the next line. He couldn't utter the words needed, as his thoughts were restricting all sound reasonings to get him back to earth. 

"Ichi-nii, your face is red."

Conan, who has been momentarily forgotten by him, spoke up. Shinichi gasped and slapped his cheeks in desperation to cover his red face. To no avail, he looked drunk in crush-like love at the moment.

"Ichi-nii~ Your face is red~"

"Shinichi! Your face! What are you thinking of?" A familiar voice squealed in his headphones, the talkback option likely to be on. 

"Nothing Ma! Nothing that concerns you!"

"Is it Ran-chan? Or Sonoko-chan?"

"SONOKO HAS A BOYFRIEND DAMMIT!"

"So it's Ran-chan?"

"Nii-chan? Are you having a fever?"

"Oho? My boy, you've grown up so fast!" His mother continued to tease. Conan looked up at him innocently, wondering what was wrong as concern was etched on his face. 

Shinichi turned over to Conan and placed his hand on the boy's head, running his hand through his hair. The elder gave the younger a soft smile. 

"No, there's nothing wrong with Nii-chan. Just a little cold. Can you give me a warm hug?"

Wordlessly, but without resistance, Conan gave his big brother a tight hug, as if hugging his favourite teddy to sleep. While the boy buried his face in his chest, Shinichi glared at the woman he called Mother.

"Mum, be prepared to suffer at home. You're gonna do all the chores and the dishes today."

Yes, their mother hated the chores and the dishes. 

A/N: Thanks to KaitoRin for the request! Please keep it coming! Who knows what gems we might find in the old and the new episodes?