Odds

"Elliot we need to talk" an old friend muttered from behind her, "Follow me and don't look suspicious

"Elliot we need to talk" an old friend muttered from behind her, "Follow me and don't look suspicious." She had met Haymitch on one of her Victor tours and they both realized Snow took away the most important things to them, their loved ones and their innocence. Haymitch was a part of the second Quarter Quell which had a twist like every other Quarter Quell and they had two females and two male tributes from each district.

Haymitch Abernathy went through a lot during the games, like we all did. But he cheated the system much like the newbies, -they learned something from their coach- Katniss and Peeta both won last year. But Haymitch' games, the 50th Hunger Games, also known as the 2nd Quarter Quell, held forty eight tributes. Double the amount of kids, double the amount of deaths and double the amount of entertainment for the sick people of Panem. Haymitch was a middle aged man, who had dark curly hair and gray eyes. The twenty five years after he won was filled with drinking, grief, and more drinking. He found a flaw in the system when he was in the games, he went to the edge of the arena and found out that if he threw something off the cliff that was there, moments later it would come back. So when there was only him and one other tribute he made sure that they were at that very same cliff, he had been stabbed in the abdomen when they made it, he was weaponless and she had an ax. She threw the ax at him but he ducked. She had thought that it would be an easy win, he was slowly bleeding out and crouched on the floor. But seconds later the ax came back nailing itself into her skull. Haymitch had won. When he arrived back home his mom, brother and girlfriend had been murdered by the capital. It was a repercussion, making sure people knew not to mess around in the Games. Many victors had arrived back home or when they refused to be a prize to be bought by the capital's people, their family would be dead, or killed by their own actions. Talk about guilt.

"What is it, Haymitch?" Elliot muttered. Haymitch had a hold of her arm and walked calmly to the elevators. "Not here, they're watching."

Once they left the capital building and entered an alleyway, where several victors lay waiting, Johanna, Finnick, Mags, Beetee, and Wiress. "I brought you all here because Katniss needs allies." Elliot scoffs, "then why didn't she come to us?" Elliot mused.

"Right now she's inspiring people to rebel, and we need to keep that going and we need her alive to do so." He ignored the girl's previous statement. "What I'm asking of you is to protect them with your life, we protect Katniss and Peeta, we protect the rebellion."

"I'm in" Was said a lot, by Finnick and Mags who nodded, Wiress and Beetee. Everyone was either staring at Johanna or Elliot.

"Alright... let's give 'em hell" Johanna said, making Haymitch smile. Now all eyes are on Elliot.

"Why isn't Seth here?" Elliot questioned, having an emotionless face, looking Haymitch straight into his gray eyes. "He'd wanna be apart of this."

"He's a career"

"He'd want to be a part of the rebellion after everything the capital and Snow put him through." She shot back. "And you shouldn't say anything, weren't you trained to be a career, Finnick?" He looked at her speechless. "If Seth isn't in on this then neither am I, but honestly I'm not afraid to die and I have nothing else left to lose."