Done Fighting

Elliot could hear the menacing ringing, she'd heard it so many times before

Elliot could hear the menacing ringing, she'd heard it so many times before. During the games, you'd be awoken by beeping of gifts from their sponsors. The two guards above her looked at each other and then looked out of the barred window.

"I'll go check it out." one of them said as he opened the door but before the peacekeeper could disappear he looked to the other. "Take her to Snow." and then he shut the door.

It wasn't long before the little boxes with the parututes fell to the ground and exploded. It seemed as though all sound stopped and the world stood frozen in place. People yelled for a medic, needing help, others carried their loved ones in their arms. But Elliot was long gone before the next bombs went off.

Elliot was delirious, she was so tired, she could feel the small pools of blood covering her shirt. Her breathing was labored, her eyes hurt from holding in the tears of pain.

They arrived quickly, Elliot didn't remember much, her head was low, she was so tired. But she couldn't give in. she let out an incoherent groan when she was thrown onto the floor. She heard two men conversing, one of them with a deep, evil voice she could recognize in her sleep. "What is this?"

"Elliot Young, sir." The peacekeeper lifted her by her arms and another lifted her head up by her hair.

"Long time so see, huh, Coriolanus?" she smirked, even if she felt like she was going to faint and she was seeing two heads on the man in front of her, she would not give him the satisfaction.

"You put up a good fight." he hummed, stepping closer to her, caressing her cheek with a menacing smile. "But like always, I win."

"You sure about that?" Elliot questions very slowly and quietly. "I wouldn't be so cocky."

He just smiles. "I'm sure, you will die here, and then I will kill Finnick." she shot up, feeling like all the blood that was now slowly dropping to the floor like a loose tap surged back into her body. "And Seth and Jason."

"But you can't touch them if you're dead." she kicked the peacekeeper from behind her making him drop his hand in her hair, she then elbowed the one holding her up. Grabbing one of their batons she saw Snow step back, she tumbled over to him one hand on her abdomen and the other swinging at him. She got so close to hitting him, but not close enough, she felt hand on her wrist and an eclectic shock was sent into her side, sending her to the ground.

"So violent," Snow tutted, "and for what? Nothing."

"You made me this." Elliot gritted through her teeth. "You did this to me."

"Pity." Snow turned around, "Kill her."

And Elliot thought 'finally', she didn't mean to but her mind wanted to stop, to go to sleep. It was done fighting.

She heard the doors open from behind her, the peacekeeper who was holding her up turned and pulled out his baton making her fall to the ground.

She heard yells and shouts and groans. But her mind couldn't get herself to roll over and look, she couldn't get herself to care. As she felt hands on her back she wanted her mind to drift off, she wanted to, but it didn't.

"Elliot?" she heard, but it was as though it was coming from afar, muffled and distant. "Elliot, thank god you're okay." her body was rolled over and she saw him. How she'd missed him. His orange hair vibrant and his face solem.

"Seth?" she questioned, he nodded eagerly, bringing her into a hug with tears falling down his cheeks.

"I was so worried." he wrapped his arms around her, but then released her quickly after hearing her wince. "Wha-what happened?" he questioned, he looked at her dark shirt and touched it, it was wet, crimson red, thick blood soaked it.

"'S okay." she murmured, she was so happy to see him.

"No-no it's not." he shouted something but her brain went fuzzy and she couldn't comprehend it. "Stay with me, okay?" his shout came out as a whisper. "Someone's coming!"

"Okay." she whispered, leaning into his chest. Before she let her mind slip she could see people rushing into the door, then she lost grip and fell into unconsciousness.

"No, no, no, no." Seth repeated to himself, until he was dragged away by District 13's soldiers. He didn't want to leave her, but he couldn't reach her as she was dragged away.

             Elliot blinked awake, she felt a presence next to her and she felt a mop of hair grazing her arm. She looked up and saw Jason's head laying down next to her side with his body in a pulled up chair. Looking at her surroundings she saw Katniss lying unconscious in a bed a few feet away from her, she was in what looked like a big white tent. Medical supplies surrounded her as she carefully sat up, no one was awake in the room, just her. So she slipped out of bed and inwardly groaned as she felt the sharp pain in her abdomen. Wincing quietly she pulled out the IV that was sticking out of her arm and stumbled towards the door. But before she could open the flap, someone walked in. His long blonde hair fell over his face, he was wearing a gray jacket and his face looked solem.

"Elli- what are you doing up?" he stammered, grabbing her by her arms and dragging her to a nearby chair.

"I-" She stuttered, "Haymitch what happened?" she asked her friend.

"Uh- bombs dropped." he paused and looked as though he was preparing himself to finish what he was saying. "The capital dropped bombs to defend the mansion and then dropped more after the medics got there.'' This sounded oddly familiar. "And everyone felt it, peacekeepers, residents, rebels, everyone. And after the bombs dropped the rebels just walked right in and we found you-" He paused. "With Snow."

"Where is-" he already knew what she was about to say so he gave her a quick answer.

"Tiana and Seth are both okay, Peeta and Finnick are also fine." he assured her, he was kneeling down so he could be level with her. "The question is, are you?"

"I'm-"

"Don't bullshit me, Elliot." he spoke sternly, much like a father would.

"Honestly, I feel alright, just a little sore on my side."

"Well you were stabbed." He wasn't angry, he just looked worried. "You continued to fight after being stabbed. You lost so much blood we weren't sure if-" his voice crackled, his next words were high pitched and wobbly, "you shouldn't have been there anyway, Finnick should have-"

"Haymitch," she cut him off, "I wouldn't let him go. It was my decision and he knew I wouldn't let anyone go in my place. But I'm tired now. I'm done fighting."

"And I'm so happy to hear that, because I think we all are." He smiled softly, opening his arms and engulfing her into a hug. "You did so well."

 AN:

another short chapter but we only have like 2-3 left so! I'm super excited to write the epilogue too, so many plans for Elliot and Finnick.

Anyway Elliot and Haymitch's friendship>>>>