Catching Fire.

"Where do the Careers feel the safest? The jungle?" Beetee questioned, looking around the group

"The beach, the jungle's a nightmare." Seth answered the man, Seth was leaning against a small tree while his feet dug into the sand.

"Then why are they not here?" Beetee was sitting on the grass while his hands messed with the coil.

"Because we are. We claim it." Johanna said as it was obvious.

"And if we left they would come."

"Or stay hidden in the tree line, yes." Finnick was still eyeing the district five tributes very oddly.

"Which in just four hours, will be soaked with water from the ten o'clock wave." Elliot stared at Beetee then moved her view from the coil then back to him. "Then what happens at midnight?"

"Lightning." Elliot said, her eyes brightened as she started to catch on.

"Here's what I proposed, we leave the beach at dusk. We head for the lightning tree. That should draw them back to the beach. Prior to midnight we run this wire from the water to the tree." Beetee finger followed the places he was talking about.

"Then any person damp sand or water is fried." Elliot finished.

"How do we know the wire's not going to burn up?" Johanna asked subsciously, it sounded too good to be true.

"Because I invented it." Beetee spoke with clear confidence. "I assure you it won't burn up." his eyes gazed at the group to look in their expressions for their opinion of his plan. There was a long pause, Seth and Elliot made eye contact while Johanna and Finnick did the same.

"Well it's better than hunting them down." Johanna answered Beetee's prying eyes.

"Yeah, why not?" Katniss spoke. "If it fails, no harm done anyway, right?"

"Have you met Beetee? He does not fail." Elliot rolled her eyes, giving her friend a small wink.

"So what can we do to help?" Finnick asked, looking straight at Beetee.

"Keep me alive for the next six hours." Beetee spoke, "that would be extremely helpful."

"What happens when this works, like we all signed up to protect them, what are we supposed to do? kill ourselves so they survive." Seth was standing in the water with Elliot.

"If one of the two of us makes it out alive, I'd want it to be you. me, I have nothing left, but you have your amazing mother, who makes hella good food." Seth laughed at the girl, Elliot had come across the street for dinner sometimes to eat with Jason, Jason's older sister, Kaia, whom Seth had a major crush for, Seth of course, and Tiana, Seth's mother.

"But I'd be losing a sister."

"Time to go." Johanna said to them where she stood with Beetee. Before Elliot made her way out of the water Elliot gripped her wrist and gave it a quick squeeze, she nodded in appreciation to him and they made a silent agreement to protect each other. Elliot got close to Seth very quickly, they are much alike but with Jason, Kaia and Tiana, it took some time for Elliot to put her full trust into them. Now she would hand them her life and she knew they would do everything if their power to not scratch it, drop it, or shatter it. She could say in confidence that she loved them. She never said it but they knew, she hasn't said those three words for teen years, three words, eight words. I Love you. She thought that she would be alone once Harlow died but she still had family. She has three brothers, Harlow, Seth, and Jason, a mom, Tiana, and a sister, Kaia.