Fog

"PEETA, NO

"PEETA, NO." Katniss shouted, but it was too late. Peeta had hit a force field and flew back, hitting Katniss and Elliot making them fall to the ground. The wall turned black, octagon shaped, panels that slowly flickered back into a forest that looked never-ending.

"Peeta?" Katniss' voice shook, she crawled to him, and put her face in front of him. "He's not breathing." she said. "He's not breathing!" Katniss repeated louder.

Finnick and Elliot shot to their feet, Finnick pushed Katniss away, while Elliot stradled Peeta's waist. Katniss rose reaching for an arrow but she paused. Finnick started to give Peeta mouth to mouth and then Elliot started to do compressions onto Peeta's chest. Katniss crawled back to Peeta's head saying his name and asking him to 'please wake up.' Elliot was still doing compressions but paused after a while for Finnick to check for beating in Peeta's chest. Elliot and Finnick traded places so he was doing CPR and she was checking his heartbeat. Finnick did mouth to mouth again but nothing. Finnick repeated 'come on' over and over, he was not giving up on this boy. Katniss was quietly sobbing while saying his name.

A loud breath was drawn for the boy on the floor, "Peeta? Peeta." Katniss sighed, while Elliot and Finnick sat back resting. "Oh my god." Katniss sighed in relief.

"Be careful, there's a force field up there." Peeta spoke, Elliot ended up rolling her eyes, while Katniss laughed. Elliot was resting her back against a tree, Finnick and Mags sat beside her.

Katniss kisses Peeta and says. "Oh, my god. You were dead." She breathed. "You were dead, your heart stopped." her quickened breath turned into sobs.

"It's okay," Peeta said tiredly while he closed his eyes. "It's working now." They hugged in a lying position, while Elliot looked to the sky, she felt as if she was intruding.

"Okay, like, yay, you're alive, but we probably should be going. Gamemakers don't like us this close to the border." Elliot mused, standing up, and reaching out a hand for Mags to grab onto

"Okay, do you- do you wanna stand up?" Katniss asked, moving her face from the crook of his neck.

"Yeah." Peeta agreed, giving little grunts as he stood up, once he was up, he and Katniss hugged once again. Elliot looked at them in awe, maybe it wasn't all for show after all.

They then traveled by Katniss throwing rocks to see if three was a force field in front of them. "Hang on." The latter said while she started to climb up a tree, she went all the way up until Elliot could not see the girl anymore. The entire group heard a mechanic-like sound, and looked to the sky.

"The force field." Katniss said once her feet touched the ground again. "It's a dome, we're at the edge of the arena." she took off her bow and arrow that previously sat across her chest. " I couldn't find any sign of fresh water." she sighed.

"It's gonna get dark soon." Finnick broke the short bit of silence they all had. "We'll be safe with our backs covered. We should set up camp here. Take turns sleeping."