Safety

It didn't make any sense, why would Snow bomb his own people? He may not be against killing the district's children but the Capitol? Capital residents were killed because of a delayed bomb, Snow wouldn't do that, not even to kill the rebels

Those thoughts dragged through Elliot's mind while Haymitch guided her into the Mansion. It didn't make sense.

But right now, all she could think of was seeing her family. Johanna, Peeta, Seth, Beetee, and Tiana. Jason had gone ahead of them to make sure they had all of her things in order.

Elliot followed Haymitch up a large pair of stairs and he opened a large dark oak door. As it creaked open she saw the room. A large bed sat in the middle with a vanity next to the window, a door to the left that she assumed was a bathroom, and a pile of things sitting on the bench at the end of the bed.

And suddenly Elliot realized she didn't have anything, Harlow's ring, her knives, her clothes, anything from home. She looked to the left of the bed and saw a lamp that was turned off.

"Haymitch?" Elliot turned to him, he stood at the doorway, watching her, he just hummed. "What happened to District 5?"

"The damn was blown up." he bit his lip waiting, "there's not much left of it." Elliot blew out a shaky breath, stepping towards the bed. She saw a few things, Harlow's ring and her knives. That was it. All she had left of her past life. All she had left of her brother.

"Can I see the others?" she turned quickly, stuffing the ring onto her finger, where it belonged. Haymitch nodded and then spoke. "Wanna get dressed first?" he motioned to her torn up outfit.

She nodded and walked towards the dresser, as she heard the door click shut, leaving her alone, she started to tear her clothes off and searched for a more comfortable outfit. She ended up finding gray sweatpants and a matching gray sweater, much like what she had in District 13. Once she put her shoes back on out of instinct she grabbed one of her knives into her pocket. Just in case. She thought.

Then she opened the door and saw Haymitch leaving on the wall to the right of her. He then started to lead her down the hallway. "How's sober life?" she asked him.

"It was torture but I think I'll be okay." he shrugged, making a turn to the right. It was a hallway that had several doors lining the walls. He started pointing to the different doors, to the left, "Johanna," to the right, "Enobaria." next to Enobaria, "mine." across the hall from Haymitch, "Beetee," to the left from Beetee, "Peeta," that was all the doors in this hall. "You can visit them, then we can go to the other hall."

Elliot nodded and knocked on Johanna's door. "Johanna?" she spoke softly, not long after she heard the lock click and she saw a short haired Johanna.

"Elliot." she sighed, engulfing her friend into a hug. "I'm so glad you're okay." she sighed into Elliot's shoulder. "Are you seeing the others?" she asked, pulling away and looking at Haymitch and the other doors.

Elliot nodded, "Yeah, I just got here."

Johanna hummed in response, "Beetee and Peeta went to bed a while ago so they're probably asleep, but Finnick can't seem to sleep, so he'll be up."

"Why not?"

"He seems scared." Johanna answered. "Worried."

"Hm, and Seth?" she questioned.

"He was really nervous when you left 13 but he's okay." she smiled softly at her friend. "We'll be okay." she sighed. "All of us."

"I'm gonna go see the others." Elliot smiled as she stepped away from her friend. "Good night."

"Night." and then Johanna disappeared behind her door. Haymitch showed Elliot the next hallway over, "Finnick, Seth." He pointed to the two doors in the hall. "I have to go but do you think you'll be able to get back to your room alright?" he questioned.

"Yeah, I'll be fine." she looked to Haymitch, "Thank you." he hummed with a smile, turning and retreating down the hall.

Elliot turned to Seth's door, she knocked three times and waited. No response. She knocked again but to no avail it was still silent so she stepped away from his door and turned to Finnick's, she knocked and not five seconds later the door slowly opened.

There he was. His blonde hair disheveled from what looked like rolling around in his bed, falling into his beautiful eyes. He looked at her like she hung the stars, like she was a fallen angel. His breathing started to pick up, his chest moving up and down quickly. His eyes moved around her figure quickly as if he was trying to prove she was there. "Come 'ere." His whisper was shaky and high pitched. She walked quickly to meet him on the other side of the door, his arms wrapped around her shoulder as her's went under his arm, his head nuzzled into her neck, breathing in her scent.

He kicked the door close as she felt small droplets hit her neck and she realized he was crying. Finnick was crying in her arms.

He let out choked sobs as he hugged her tighter. "They-they wouldn't let me see you." he murmured into her neck, "Said I had to stay here for my-my safety and-"

Elliot cut him off by pulling back from him, "it's okay." she shushed him, "I'm right here." he nodded at her words, she took her hand and held it against her heart. "Right here."

Elliot felt her own tears burning her eyes as she guided Finnick's delicate body to the bed. She tried her best to give him a smile as she sat down in front of him. "I'm not going anywhere." he nodded slowly to her words.

"I-"

"It's okay." she moved forwards to sit on his thighs and cradle his face in her hands. She leaned forward and connected their lips, it was a slow and soft kiss, savoring the moment. It tasted of salt from their tears and mint, Finnick's arms wrapped around her as she deepened the kiss. He laid down, propped up on his pillows, Elliot followed him, their lips not breaking contact.

"I missed you," he sighed into her mouth, "so much." She felt another sob run from his mouth as she felt her own tears trickling down her own checks. "I was so worried. You can't keep almost dying on me like that." he softly chuckled as she smiled into his lips.

"I can't help it." she disconnected their lips and rested his against their forehead.

"I'm just gonna have to keep you with me at all times just to make sure you don't go and do anything reckless."

"Gonna keep me hostage now, Odiar?" she smiled, leaning away from him and scooting down in the bed so she could rest her head against his chest. Finnick smells good, like the sea, the sun, and a hint of cedar.

"If that's what keeps you alive." he started to trace shapes into her back.

"I don't wanna stay here." Elliot mumbled into his chest, "The Capitol, I mean. I wanna go swimming, I wanna climb trees."

"We should go to 4.'' He turned his head to look down at her. "I still have to teach you how to surf. I always imagined myself having a big family home that's right off the beach and the kitchen would have a big window that looks to the ocean." Elliot closed her eyes, imagining her and Finnick in a big cottage off the beach with a few mini Finnicks running around.

"That's nice."