Death

Then an explosion went off

Then an explosion went off. Rumble spreaded everywhere as Elliot lost balance from the blast, but before she could hit the ground two arms wrapped around her.

Elliot heard Boggs' scream and Lieutenant Jackson speaking. "Everdeen, no!"

Katniss was running towards the explosion with Jackson running behind her. "Boggs!" Katniss shouted towards the man.

Elliot straightened in her spot and turned around, seeing that it was Finnick who caught her. Once she was standing and caught her balance once more she tapped his arms. "Finnick, you can let me go."

"Oh, right." Finnick had a small blush form as his arms went to his sides, letting go of the girl.

"Grab the tourniquet from the bag. Give it to me." Homes spoke as Elliot stepped away from Finnick. The group were standing in a line just before the pillars -where the guns were shooting moments ago- and staring at Boggs, Katniss, Gale and Holmes. One of the Leeg sisters was on the ground in pain while the other was frozen in place not wanting to set off another pod. The sister that was standing looked over to her sister and say that she was in pain and started to run to her, until she stepped and the place under her foot slowly went into the ground as if it had triggered something. It had.

The small opening in the courtyard that wasn't surrounded by buildings slowly closed.

"Ah, shit." Elliot muttered as the entire group started running. Finnick grabbed onto Peeta making him start to move again. That's when a dark thick liquid started to flow into the courtyard.

Gale started screaming for everyone to move as quickly as they could. The entire group ran past Boggs' deceased body as the unharmed Leeg sister helped the other up.
"Let's go soldiers." Jackson spoke hurridley.

"Get to higher ground!" Holmes screamed.

There was a large circle which had platforms that went up higher after a few steps in the middle of the courtyard which the group started to run by as more of the black liquid started to flow in. After they passed one of the steps Elliot heard a grunt and turned to see Peeta attacking Katniss. She hurriedly ran over to the boy and tried to pull him off, ending with him elbowing her in the jaw and continuing his attack on the girl. Elliot fell to the ground on the impact of the hit as Mitchell ran straight into Peeta making the blonde fly a few feet while Mitchell tried to restrain the boy. Peeta started to fight Mitchell and he ended up pushing Mitchell into the black liquid and Elliot heard a loud scream and saw that Mitchell had chains holding onto each limb and it held him in the air spreading his body apart.

"Finnick, restrain him." Jackson screamed as Finnick got a hold of the district 12 tribute.

Mitchells body slowly separated from his limbs as Elliot got to her feet and started running towards a building that the group was headed for.

Homes shot at the door making the glass door break so that the group could travel inside. The building was tall so the started climbing the broken stairs up each floor, but they could only get to the second floor when they saw that the third floor stair was no longer there.