8: Trust

??? POV:

Mangle's been standing there for a few minutes now. I should probably snap her out of whatever trance she's in.

Lifting the lid of my box I climbed out and began to silently walk over to where Mangle had been standing for the past 5 minutes. Moving in front of her I could see the unfocused look in her eyes. I held my hand out and snapped my fingers in between her eyes. That seemed to do the trick as she began to blink in confusion before realizing who was standing in front of her.

"Oh, hello Mari." she kindly greeted with a smile.

"Hello Mangle." I greeted in reply. "Are you feeling alright? You were standing there staring into space for a few minutes."

"W-was I?" she asked with clear embarrassment. "S-sorry I guess I was distracted."

"What By?"

"I-it's nothing." She said as she fidgeted with her fingers. "Just a silly coincidence that I noticed." Before I had time to ask what she meant by coincidence she excused herself and quickly retreated into her cove. So instead of asking the question I just used my abilities to gain the answers to my unasked question straight from her mind.

The coincidence she was referring to was rather intriguing. But also highly improbable. It involved the similarities between the new Nightguard and a child from way back in the early 1980s. But they couldn't be the same person because the math for their ages just doesn't match. That kid would be turning 50 this year. And unless the nightguard lied about his age he was only 19. So there is a good 31 year difference between the 2.

I decided to just leave it be and went back to my box. Normally once I exit my box I would go hang out with Bonnie or Mangle. But Mangle was in her cove and Bonnie was probably trying to get to the nightguard.

As I closed the top of my box a stray thought entered my mind regarding the nightguard. I swear I knew someone with that name in the past. And not like a child I once met, but someone I knew I'm my past life. Before I became who I currently am.

BONNIE POV:

I want some payback. If Evan thinks he can just unplug me like that and get away with it free of charge then he's got another thing coming.

Hopping off the stage I quickly removed my shoes and placed them down where I was standing on the stage seconds before.

"What are you doing?" I heard Freya ask as she shifted her eyes from the camera which wasn't turned on to look at me.

"What does it look like. I'm going after the nightguard." I replied as I readjusted the bust of my corset so it wasn't loose like it usually is after a long day of entertaining.

"We all know that's bullshit." Chica commented as she too hopped off the stage and moved to sit on one of the tables. And by sit I mean lay on her stomach and thrust her ass in the air, a tactic she uses to lure out nightguards who might see her with the cameras.

"So what." I spoke back.

I saw Freya's eyes twitch as those words left my mouth. "So what? SO WHAT!?" She fired back in anger." You know what nightguards are like. They're only here to use us for sex."

"Evan isn't like the others." I tried to say in a calm tone. But it wasn't easy as I watched Freya's eyes turn from their gentle blue to a coal black with monochrome white pupils.