Chapter 6

When Techno finished cleaning his entire office, it looked like it always did; impossibly, perfectly clean. He nodded to himself while seeing the result, and placed back the products he used. He took Dream's bag and went to the Third floor to give it back to him, since at this time students weren't authorized to go out of their rooms.

However, when he got in front of the C-36, he didn't expect to listen to multiple voices, Dream's among them, having an entire discussion on why Punz' family was dangerous, because they were the treasurer? Wait, really? Did this mean Punz' mother was also vice-president? God he hated government and their shitty privileges. He didn't knock and tried to listen; what was going on? He could hear someone sniffle and sob multiple times. Was... Was it Dream?

He tried to calm himself; no need to freak out or anything, might not be him.

But then he heard Sam panicking about him being hurt and Dream freaking out:

"W-what?! No! Are you crazy! They're going to ask what happened, and I can't talk about Punz, or else Punz' family will close the college down or make the nurse disappear I don't know they're insane they can do anything! And if I say I had a fight I will get expelled and end up in the streets because I'm already homeless Sam! I can't do shit! This college is my only way out and I can't afford getting out of it!"

... what the fuck

What the fuck did Punz do to Dream?!

So when he was face to face with Dream, he hoped the latter wouldn't blame him if he must've looked terrifyingly scary, cause he could feel the fumes coming out of his mouth, but not the calm ones, and his vision going red. He looked at the man that seemed smaller in front of him.

"What the hell happened to you Dream?"

And now he could see it; the red cheek, his hair a mess, red eyes from crying too much, dried blood coming out his mouth and bottom lip, some hickeys that were definitely not done by him because the mouth was too small, and blood under his nails that he saw when Dream hugging himself around the stomach. And the smell. A fresh mint, golden smell that made him wanna throw up, because it was mixing with Dream's smell, and Techno didn't want that to ever happen again-

He heard Dream whine and back away, scared. As if he was afraid of what Techno would say. Ashamed of himself, even. He didn't need to put two and two together to understand what the hell happened.

"I- I- Techno I- I- can explain-" More tears falling on his cheek, and he was trembling.

So he bends and takes him in his arms, swallowing his size with his muscled form, shushing him. Holding him. Like he is the most precious thing in the world. Because he is. And he doesn't want him to feel otherwise.

"You have nothing to explain. I just want to know you are safe and better Dream. You have nothing to explain. This isn't your fault, don't tell yourself that, please." He might've been on the verge of tears right now, because his voice broke at the end, and because Dream was crying in his chest again, and he felt so small, so broken. But he wasn't, not as long as Technoblade would be here. He would not let him go.

"I I tried to fight back-"

"I know, and you probably did amazing"

"But it wasn't enough! He still managed to overcome me like last time and there's nothing I could do about it!" Last time?! LAST TIME?!

Did this have to do on why Dream got expelled?

No. Not now. Focus.

"But you're safe now, it's all that matters."

"Yes, but without Sapnap and Karl... I..."

"Don't think about something that didn't happen"

At the mention of Bad's son, Techno raised his head to see three people looking at him with worried and troubled faces. Halo, Jacobs, and Sam. Ah, yes; they probably weren't aware of their... affair, per say.