The Beginning

I can feel everything. The warm sand bestowed beneath my feet. The microscopic rocks molding into my toes as they curl deeper into the sand. My light blue hair dancing in the breeze beautifully as the sun's smile casts over the whole horizon. How could I ever let it go? I just can't, not this early; I don't want to. "Lani let's go!" I took a glance over my shoulder, the long moving van and our car parked on the gravel path came into view. Just behind the moving van stood Josh. He waves me over to him eagerly. I turn back to the ocean one last time, "I'll miss you..." I whisper, letting my words get carried away by the calming winds. I turn around, facing the old log that brought so much happiness to my childhood. Staring down at the log, noticing its new green and frail structure where my bag sat, changing the shape of the log with each passing second. I finally grab the purple bag, slinging over my shoulder as I make my way towards Josh. He smiles gently at me as approach him; a smile that doesn't quite reach his eyes. "Ready little sis?" He ruffled the top of my head. My free arm instinctively swung at his hand, quickly brushing it off the top of my head. He smoothly used that same hand that I just hit not to long ago to remove my bag off my shoulder. "You're only older by two minutes which shouldn't even count!" I huffed with a small pout tugging at my bottom lip, "and plus, you already know how I feel about leaving!" I turned my back towards him, crossing my arms across my chest as I stared at our home. Soon my pout turned into a frown that just wouldn't leave now. Josh threw our bags in the trunk of the car before coming up beside me. He wrapped his arm around my shoulder, pulling me into a side hug that only lasted a second, but I already knew what that meant. I looked at him, tearing my eyes away from our home just to be met by his concerned eyes. "It's going to be okay sis..." He said, but it didn't sound convincing. We both faced our house, longing to return already even though it was still right in front of us. I laid my head on his shoulder, wanting to be comforted longer, but he gave my shoulder one last squeeze before moving away from me and back to the car. He was trying to keep himself busy so that he wouldn't feel at loss. I watched as he walked to the trunk and closing it shut, "Come on, mom and dad will come out soon." this time there was no forced smile, just worried eyes scanning the front yard. He walked around the car, opening the door behind the passenger seat waiting for me to hop inside. I shook my head quickly as he paused in the open door of the car. "No! The girls said they'd be here..." I looked at the gravel floor, not wanting to hear my brother's protest. It was silent for a while which meant that Josh was trying to think of how to convince me to get into the car. Instead my ears were met with a loud echo of a car horn blaring through the trees. A hot pink car sped down our gravel path, smoke settling behind it like fog as the tires squealed to a stop. Then a skinny tall girl throwing herself out of the car. It was Lisa, she literally flew out of the car and charged right at me like a football player, "Lani-ah!" She crashed into me, the impact of her speed causing us both to fall on the green grass. Her arms squeezed around my shoulders as she sobbed into the back of my hair. "What took you guys so long!" I stuttered trying not to cry. Lisa laughed tickling the back of my neck, "Jennie didn't want to crash her new car, but then Jisoo got behind the wheel." We laughed together as Lisa slowly got off of me. I sat up slowly, looking at a smiling teary eyed Lisa as we both pouted at each other. Then three more girls ran out of the car tackling me back onto the grass. "What's with you guys and jumping on people?" I laughed. They got up pulling me with them pouting at me. "Sorry~" they said cutely.

We all were teary eyed and laughing before Josh called out to them, "What's a guy gotta do to get some love around here..." He playfully pouted, getting Jisoo, Jennie, and Rose running to him like he was a sick puppy in need of help. Lisa and I pretended to yack when he wiggled his eyebrows at us, hugging the three girls even tighter. Lisa's like a sister to us; we literally call her our triplet because we are so alike. "Come on Lisa~" Josh opened his arms wide with a big grin, "You know you love me~" Lisa and I glanced at each other with a wicked smile. She stood up, grabbing my hand to pull me along with her. We slowly walked over to Josh as he still stood with his arms wide open. His grin began to falter when we got too close, but it was too late. "Get him!" Lisa let go of my hand as Josh turned away. She ran the rest of the way and jumped on his back rubbing her knuckles into the top of his head. I quickly wrapped myself around his left leg almost making him topple over and fall to the ground with lisa. The girls watched us from a distance, clapping and cheering Lisa and I on. "Truce!" Josh yelled. I shook my head holding on to his leg tighter, "You know that's not what you say!" I yelled, but it just came out muffled against his leg. "Say it right Jung Josh!" Lisa yelled, rubbing her knuckles into his head rougher. "I'm a big fat jerk!" He screamed as Lisa continued digging her knuckles in his head. "Please forgive a lowly peasant like me. I am solely loyal to you my most fairest queens!" He said, grumbling the last line. Lisa and I let it slide, letting go of him at once, but we won't be so merciful next time. "You may bow to us now." Lisa commanded, pointing to the gravel. Josh looked at Lisa, bewildered at her request. He then looked to me for help, but I turned my head away ignoring his pleading eyes. . "Ugh fine," he got on his hands and knees bowing all the way down, "I'm never doing this again, your majesties." he grumbled. I finally gave in to my bubbling laughter, rolling on the floor for extra effects. "That was hilarious!" I screamed holding my aching stomach from laughing so hard. Soon Lisa joined me, laughing hysterically. "Oh that's it!" Josh yelled. He jumped to his feet charging right at Lisa and I. Lisa quickly got up, running away while I was still scrambling on to my feet, "Oh shi-" Josh threw me over his shoulder and ran after Lisa. "Yah! Put me down!!" I punched at Josh's back forcing him to put me down, but it didn't work, he just kept on chasing Lisa. I couldn't even tell if he was catching up to her or not; which may not be the case since she's quick on her feet.

"Josh, put your sister down." Josh placed me back on my feet gently, lowering his head.