"Home"

The first thing I did when I got into my new room was jump on the bed. I wouldn't say it's comfortable, but I guess this is the best you could get from Charlie. The new house is two times bigger than our old one and to be honest it's not so comfortable either. It's like Charlie always finds different ways to make Josh and I feel out of place whenever we're around him and he knows it. There are, at least, five bedrooms in total; two master and three regular ones. If it was any other day, Josh and I would've competed for the second master bedroom, but I decided to let Josh have it. I was feeling guilty for what mom did to him earlier on our front doorsteps. I had to lie to him, saying that he had more stuff than I did, in order for him to actually agree on the second master bedroom. The other two bedrooms will be our guest rooms, as if we're going to have any, which are on the second floor with Charlie and Mom. I chose the third room on the first floor, across from Josh's room, knowing that I would not be getting much sleep if I chose one of the rooms upstairs. Anyway, it's not like he'd let me take one of those rooms. The best part about this house is that there are two kitchens on the second and first floor which means no run-ins with Charlie. The sucky part is that they're both empty. "Mom," I tapped her shoulder lightly, "can Josh and I walk around; get familiar with the area?" She shrugged me off with a raspy, "I don't care." closing her room door behind her. Another "disagreement" I guess.

I placed my bag in my closet, not knowing where else to put it since the moving van isn't here with my furniture. I jumped on my bed plugging my phone into the charger. "Should I check in on Lisa and the girls?" I mumbled to myself. I scrolled through my contact list, pending on whether I should, "Nah, they're probably asleep by now.." I threw my phone on my bed trying my best not to make any noises. Before leaving my room, I grab my padded jacket from my bag and walked over to Josh's room. "Josh..." I knocked softly on the door. Not even a second later, the door flew open with a loud bang as it hit the wall. Two loud stomps boomed from above us followed by Charlie's deep voice, "Keep it down you bastards!" Charlie yelled. I rolled my eyes as Josh mouthed an apology to me. "Come on." I grabbed his jacket off his bed holding it out towards him, "Mom said we could go out." Josh grabbed his jacket out of my hand, this time, closing the door gently behind him.

We've been walking for about half an hour now, talking about the pros and cons of our new house. "I mean, we do have two kitchens." I said making Josh laugh. He nudged my arm with his, "You always think with your stomach." I couldn't help but laugh myself at the obvious truth. Just talking about food made me hungry and now I was really hungry. "Speaking of my stomach," I sighed. Josh rolled his eyes at my obvious need for food, "I spotted a pizza place seven minutes away from the house." I smiled, Josh shook his head with a small chuckle, "Let's go." I squealed, hugging onto his arm excitedly. "Yes! But you're paying." I said. He pushed me off of him with a look of disbelief, "I always pay!" He pointed an accusing finger at me. I continued walking, ignoring his whines as I entered into the big pizza restaurant. "Welcome," a handsome guy with brown eyes greeted me, "You may take a seat anywhere you'd like." He smiled, showing all his pearly whites. I bowed before taking the first open seat near me, sneaking glances at the handsome guy. "Yah! Lani-ah!" Josh slammed through the door charging at me. "Welcome," the handsome guy bowed as Josh quickly bowed to him. He took the seat across from me, obviously angry. "Why'd you leave me out there..." He pouted. I glared at him and flicked his forehead when he wasn't looking.