~ᴏɴᴇ ꜰᴏʀ ᴀʟʟ~~ ʏᴏɪᴄʜɪ ꜱʜɪɢᴀʀᴀᴋɪ

"Each Vestige has his or her own chapter, telling their story. Welcome to the tale of Yoichi Shigaraki, not much is known about him, so almost all of this is made of my own assumptions. If anything is ever confirmed otherwise, I will edit it, and if anyone finds something that I forgot was confirmed, please comment down below."

(--For now, there is only one version of this chapter, but I may write a 3rd person version, comment if there is any other format you want and as long as it's reasonable, I will attempt to write that version of this.--)

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

~~~~~

My name is Yoichi Shigaraki. 

There's nothing special about me, I'm just a nobody, or so everybody thought. If I was honest, I had no idea of my potential either, I was just the scrawny kid in the back who was only safe because my brother was a feared psycho- but I suppose you haven't gotten that far yet. How was anybody supposed to know I was going to be so important? Sure, in the grandest stories, the underdog always wins, but this was life. It couldn't be so optimistic, there's only room for one, one person in the spotlight. That person would never be me, and it never was-- in my time, nor in there's-- sad as it is. 

I never said I wasn't something to a few, good people though.

That's because I was, I am. I was merely the steppingstone for a main character to rise up, it didn't mean I wasn't important, it just meant I was never properly acknowledged for my deeds up to the present time. 

Now, if I focus, I can jot this all down before I've got to join the ninth and my fellow dead vestiges.

Let's start on one of the more important days, the day that my brother manifested his quirk. I, being as observant and sharp as a certain green-haired boy you may come to know, knew something was definitely off as soon as nobody told me or my brother what my brother's quirk was after the test. Take into account that back then he was not the (ironically) almighty villain he is today, and he was my brother, so I really had no need to be cautious about him.

"Raki!" I squealed, my smooth, steady voice going to an overly squeaky high note for a moment, "Where are you big brother?" 

THWACK!

I winced, eyes wide as I turned clumsily on my feet, there I was met with wrinkled, curious orange eyes. I was about to raise my voice when I was cut off by a strangled shriek.

"HELP!"

Before I even realized I'd heard the call for help, and ages before I had any time to register what I was going to do, I was directing all my energy to getting closer to the sound, as fast as I possibly could. "-All of those powerful heroes were reported to have one thing in common... they all moved before their minds could think".  See I wasn't exactly great, growing up with my head down in a comic book, but at the least I believed in heroes, even if the idea still felt surreal at the time. I had a big heart, and instincts, but no genius brain and no muscly power to back me up.

"WHERE ARE YOU?" I called out to them; my eyes were answered quicker than my voice was. A smaller child, only looking a few years younger than me, was surrounded by some sort of basic gang, they were scarcely wearing anything fancy, so you couldn't assume them to be Yakuza.