~ᴀ ᴍʏꜱᴛᴇʀʏ~~ ᴛʜᴇ ᴛʜɪʀᴅ

"Each Vestige has his or her own chapter, telling their story. Welcome to the tale of The Third, for the second time, this vestige is in a similar lighting to the second. His only appearances are in the My Hero Academia Manga, really close to nothing is known about him other than that he was the apprentice, or sidekick of The Second. I can already see this book will need editing, and I will make sure to. Once again, this chapter is made full of assumptions. If anyone finds anything I forgot was confirmed, please comment below, I will take the time to edit it. Same goes for if something is confirmed when new chapters of the manga are released."

(--For now, there is only one version of this chapter, but I may write a 3rd person version, comment if there is any other format you want and as long as it's reasonable, I will attempt to write that version of this.--)

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

~~~~~

Hi, The Third here,

I must admit that my story is going to be the most boring of all. Nothing compared to the 'oh all-mighty ninth' that everyone chatters on about. I have no idea if a kid will be able to handle all this, my mentor doesn't think he can. 

I do have hope though, though it's the second dullest hope of all of us. The first dullest being my mentor, of course. 

"Sensei, what do you want me to do?" I curiously gazed at my mentor, and our leader,

for the revolution, right? For the dusted scraps on the edge of the street? For it all? Just not For One.

"Go ahead and do whatever you want," He rolled his eyes, and growled in his gruff voice: though I was quite flattered he trusted me enough to let me do my own thing, "I've got to help our friends in gathering allies, I won't force you to go with me, but you might like to be there."

"Should I bring Yoichi?" I asked carefully, I knew the two weren't exactly friends, but they weren't enemies either, merely allies of the same side.

My mentor narrowed his pupils at me, hissing like an offended snake, "No." I bowed my head obediently and made sure not to push him off the edge into a sea of unrivaled anger, Sensei was like that.

"Well," the breath hitched in my throat, "We should go." 

He paused, dramatic as a dancer, though it was unlikely he looked so animated on purpose, "Yeah... we should." The grim undertone to his voice was enough to bring anyone back to reality, but we were all already there. Facing the cold truth of it all: death, destruction, dictation, and damned indifferences.

"So, who are these possible allies?" I lowered my voice in attempt of secrecy, trailing closely behind my mentor, who had only just begun to move in a strange direction, but I really didn't care where he was going, only who would be there.

Sensei's eyes landed on my much less intimidating figure, his scars just bringing out the tension spiraling in those dark red orbs, cloaked in shadow, "...Nobody you'd know," he decided, "Just some randoms from the other side of Japan, they came a long way so don't be harsh unprovoked. They deserve respect, however, that doesn't mean I'm telling you not to defend yourself, if proper provocation occurs, do whatever the hell you want."

I nodded my head slowly, cautious of everything around me. I continued walking in silence, observing every twist and turn that could lead to an escape route if we were ambushed just by instinct. The city was deserted, the tall towers that once stood at heights beyond limit had long toppled over and coated themselves in blood, wreckage, and dust. Any sense of normality was far faded, and with it, all sturdy hope. We were a few people, the revolutionists, who stood at the edge of an imposing fire, half-burnt and backing up until it inevitably surged forwards and melted us to black pathetic crisps.

That fire was All For One.

Now that I've shown my typical day with Sensei, you might be curious to see when I was handed the power,

unfortunately, that is something I cannot document. 

What I can say, however, is all the things that happened in our showdown with All For One.

I wasn't a master of the power yet; I was hardly accustomed to even having the bravery and powerful fury of Yoichi and Sensei coursing through my veins, it felt like I wasn't alone, like they were with me, all the time. I felt so much greater, like a piece of a greater puzzle than I had before.

Those were the last thoughts I had before I fell into a deep pit of despair. All of a sudden, Sensei's breathing quickened as he shouted a clever warning that just barely succeeded to dim the distraction in my stare.

"RUN!"

I dodged to the side, landing right beside Yoichi, who looked me over with a nod, "Get out of here, I can help the 'leader'." My eyes grew wide in shock, but he only kept his determined gaze and huffed, not quite impatiently, but hopefully, "Go, you're the one with our power now, you must survive to pass it on to another, otherwise this will have been all for nothing."

I stiffened, readying to bow my head before he interrupted me with a desperate, raspy shout.

"GO!"

Before I even knew what I was doing, I-

 I ran. I abandoned both of them, the bravest souls of our era. Two rivals, timeless friends.

Because I knew I would see them again.

When it was all done, I carried their legacy, one to another, one for another, One for all.

And then I was that one. One of nine.

Until the fourth did his job just fine.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

~~~~~

"That certainly was a fun one to write! It was a short one, but until now I forgot about all the stuff, they did in Chapter 310, I can already see that later I am going to have to go back and edit most- if not all of this! If you couldn't tell, I love the poem-sounding stuff, it just makes the drama 10x better! You all have a great day and I'm glad if you are actually here, reading this! It's always been my dream to have some of you here. So welcome to the family! If you all ever need someone to talk to, or just want to talk with someone new in general, I'm here. I would love to see a few comments on my work so don't be shy!"

-Katsuo Nakashima