~ꜱᴄᴀʀꜱ~~ ʜɪᴋᴀɢᴇ ꜱʜɪɴᴏᴍᴏʀɪ

"Each Vestige has his or her own chapter, telling their story. Welcome to the tale of Hikage Shinomori, the fourth user and original carrier of Danger Sense. In My Hero Academia it reveals exactly what he did from the age of 22, but not before. He had a fairly boring life as far as we know, nothing compared to Yoichi or Deku, but this is the best depiction possible from the little of what we know. If anyone finds anything I forgot was confirmed, please comment below, I will take the time to edit it. Same goes for if something is confirmed when new chapters of the manga are released."

(--For now, there is only one version of this chapter, but I may write a 3rd person version, comment if there is any other format you want and as long as it's reasonable, I will attempt to write that version of this.--)

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

~~~~~

I won't waste precious time on long introductions, my name is Hikage Shinomori. The beginning of my life is a mystery, so I have to begin at the age of 22 in my writings.

I met a man who introduced himself solely as 'Fa Jin', I never learned of his name, sadly. I still don't really know of it.

I was walking along the cold streets, I thought life was pretty terrible, however, I'd only heard brief stories of the hardships just before my time. With white hair hanging over my eye, I looked upon the world with judgmental lenses. The only thing that had ever made up my character was my obsession with comical stories of a recent revolution, only a decade or a few ago. 10 years wasn't that long- right? Anyways, when I was younger, I was read stories of this 'revolution' a rebellion against The King of The Underground, who still roamed the earth today, but now there were heroes arising to take him down, and there was hope. The story began by an introduction of a ruby-eyed and spiky-haired man, eyes ever blazing. With scars not unlike mine and spirit standing out among many. He wasn't exactly the most pleasant of people, but he and his sidekick were the embodiment of the bravery and courage of their era. They were special. Grand and graceful, like two soaring birds. The memory of them was still fresh in tales and many people's minds. They were legends, and their story was agreed to never be told after a generation. The books would survive but the ones with the experience of those documents wouldn't. Not forever, not for long.

I didn't think anything would ever change, not now.

"Hello?"

I recoiled, narrowed pupils landing on a strangely-balanced yellow-eyed.. person! Perched feet above me in all their dressed-up glory. I paused, they looked so- familiar.

I froze, mouth agape.

"I see you recognize me, hm?" The older man jumped down from his perch, standing hardly taller than me, "well that's something I suppose. I heard of you, from the townspeople. I was looking for a real... hero, y'know? Apparently, you've done your fair share of hero work among the town. Saving a little boy from some kind of kidnapper, not the usual, yes?"

I stuttered, desperately thinking of a response, "Uh- I didn't, I didn't know- I- was just doing my work as a good citizen, sir. All of those deeds were just because- I couldn't see someone suffer and do nothing about it."

His eyes observantly scanned me over, until his blank expression turned into a rather friendly one, "...test passed."

I tapped into my danger sense quirk, just making sure the man wasn't an impersonation- but there was no danger around, "What do you mean?"

He nodded thoughtfully, until he suddenly grabbed my arm and dragged me into some kind of- secret passageway? I followed, not like I had much choice, when the passageway opened into a large, deserted room, old and dusty, but private. I felt the need to ask a question, "Where are we? Where is this?"

His eyes gazed on in somewhat of a nostalgic look, "This, this is the main hideout of the underground revolution, from decades ago. Just underneath the city, where no villain would look. Much blood was shed here, many tears were cried, nobody's been here in some time, but Sensei told me that I would bring my successor here and show them what we went through to get where we were, so that they would understand."

I took a moment to process what he said, "Sensei? Wait- do you mean-"

He nodded, only adding to the awe-struck silence, until the words slipped out on open air, like a fresh winter breeze, "The revolution leader."

"And- and- your.. your successor?"

"You," He answered, much to my surprise, "I've actually been following you for quite a long time now. You just seem like the right person, and after all I've seen, I have evidence to back that up. So, it's your turn to bear the scars of us, Yoichi Shigaraki, the brother of the King of the Underground, who fought against his own blood in great battles, The brave leader of the rebellion, who fought for a better world, a better future, and boring old me. There's a stockpiling quirk that can be passed on from generation to generation, that gains in power as it goes along. It may be the only thing that can stop the King of the Underground now, I'm growing old, and now it's your turn."

I gasped, "Thank you."

And then it was done.

I trained in the forest for 18 years, I knew I could trust the other heroes to hold back the King of the Underground while I put all the power I had into the quirk, so it would grow faster for the successors to come. It worked, and when I passed it on to a trusted hero of the time, I was satisfied, since I had a quirk, I died right after, at the age of 40, my body couldn't handle all of it. It was made to handle only that one quirk, and nothing else.

So my time was done,  

and never for one.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

~~~~~

"I can't believe I'm nearly half-way through this book! I hope you all are enjoying it, and I'm trying my best to make it enjoyable! Suggestions are very welcome, this one's a bit short and rushed, but I hope nevertheless it was okay! Have a great day, guys gals and non-binary pals!"

-Katsuo Nakashima