Chapter 11

Day out with Nomura

After everything that happened last night, Walter seemed totally calm. You on the other hand were having the biggest inside turf war there ever was. One side of you wanted to tell him what he did precisely, and the other side said to keep quiet until you can tell if it's a problem or not.

He was up first making breakfast and coffee so you, who woke up a few minutes later, decided to find a way to destract yourself for the day. Bular mentioned something about the gateway, but you didn't really pay attention to the details. Walking into the kitchen the first thing you smelt was bacon and eggs. The heavenly aroma was luring you so you had to eat it.

Breakfast went by silently. You glanced at Walter occasionally to see if he had any emotion on his face. Unfortunately you saw zero of what you wanted. You finished up quickly and told him you wanted to go out so he had to leave. He kept asking you about where, for how long, til when will you be out, when can he come over, etc. You, just wanting him to leave so you can think rationally, told him you were going to hang out with Nomura till whenever she needs to leave. Walter didn't like the idea, but when he saw your smile when talking about your old friend, he had to let it go, for your sake.

When he left you called Nomura over, telling her you had something important to tell her, that couldn't be told over the phone. She came over with a worried look, asking all sorts of questions. You told her everything that happened the night before, and boy was she not impressed. She was ready to go chase him down to castrate him, but you told her to calm down, that the both of you were at fault. She decided to take you out, have a nice girl day without the thoughts of the consequences.

You two spend most of the day looking at clothes jewelry and even went to a shop that sold knifes and other outdoor equipment for hunting. You were looking for a crossbow afterall.

So far everything was nice, you both agreed to go eat something since it was 01:27, waaay past lunch time. While waiting for the waiter to bring the food you two ordered you couldn't help but ask, "Hey Nomura, why did you and Draal break up?" She stared at you for a while till she laughed. "Why are you asking a stupid question like that? Obviously because he's a troll and I'm a changeling" You knew there was more to the story that just that. Your mother and father was also a troll and changeling and that didn't stop them from loving each other. You decided to go ask Draal later, but for now you just wanted to enjoy your lunch that was heading your way.

When you two got to your house, Nomura told you, "Even if it isn't a big deal you need to tell Strickler, so that you two can agree on terms for incase something happens. I don't want to see my best friend hurt by my coworker". You smiled at the fact that Nomura still cares for you even after all these years. Guess what your dad told you was true

"Even after centuries, a bond between friends will remain, no matter the distance. Because for us changelings, true friendship is hard to find."

"Thanks Nomura, I'll be sure to take to him about it. Take care old friend"

"And to you as well, old friend"

I'M STILL ALIVE, I DIDN'T DIE ! Sorry for the wait guys, I promise, for reaching this time, I will find a way to update faster. I promise I will not break your trust again like Loki does with the Avengers.