Chapter 13

You what?

"What..." you could not understand why he would say it was an accident. You could feel your eyes slowly filling with tears.

He wouldn't... He would never do that... right?

"I said it was an accident that night. I wasn't supposed to touch you, I wasn't supposed to.." he covered his eyes and took a deep breath. "I was never supposed to take you like that. You are my student and colleague. I'm-"

"Do not finish that sentence." You don't even recognize your voice as I spoke those words. "If you say sorry I am going to walk out of this coffee shop right this instant"

You couldn't do this. You thought he was different than everyone. You thought he wouldn't hurt you.

"Could you just please listen to my reason?" He tried to hold your hands but you pulled away. "You mean your excuse for your behavior? Especially since you not only told me it was an accident but you even waisted my time by being late!?" Your voice laced with venom at the sheer thought of what his reasoning could be.

He was quiet for a while. "Bular and Nomura found Blinkious at the museum. We're planning on using him to get the troll hunter to open the Bridge for Gunmar to come through.."

Everything slowed in that moment. Yes you are an assassin and yes you knew sooner or later something like this would have happened but why? Why did they have to take Blinkious? Everything was becoming a blur. Past memories flooding in and out. Some were of you and your friends, others were of your parents. Fleeting moments that came crashing down and reminded you of one certain thing.

Everyone you love will die eventually because of you.

It was getting harder to breathe. You couldn't even see properly due to the tears that were brimming your vision. Strickler noticed and seemed to regret it but you couldn't think about that. All you could think of was how Blinkious was feeling. You saw him just a while ago. How... how did he know about the museum? Everything didn't make sense.

Strickler
I didn't know what was happening. Everything was so fast I didn't even register that telling her her friend was taken, right after everything I did, would most surely break her. I tried calming her but I think that only made it worse. She wouldn't stop flinching away from me. I can't blame her either.

"Y/n you need to breathe-" she jumped out of the chair and ran.

TIME SKIP

Your POV

You ran into an alley way. You had to go and warn Jim. You change your form and went through the shadows. The shadow realm used to have a dark, scary feel to it. After so many years of morphing through it you came used to it but now that you are in a state of panic everything feels worse. The shadows are restless which gives you a sense that Gunmar will soon be brought into this world.

You arrived at Jim's and noticed that they were listening to a recording. You shifted and climbed through the window. "Jim I need to tell you something"

"Blinky was taken hostage and I have to open the Bridge"

You looked at him and nodded. You heard the recording. Strickler's voice was in it.
"What are you going to do?"
"I've listened to it a hundred times now, and I still don't know what to do" Jim walks up and down and Toby speaks up next to him. "You don't have to do this alone. You've got Aarggh, Draal and Me. Even Y/N"

You looked at Toby not knowing how to remind him that you can't pick a side. You love your friends and their like family to you, but the only way you know how to protect them was by being on the side that you need to protect them from.

Jim looked at all of us, "They said I need to go alone", he looked to one side away from us.

A light bulb went off in you head. "What if we stayed in the shadows? As back up for you? Of course I won't be able to show my face-" you got caught off by Draal sounding furious. "Absolutely not. Remember the last time you had multiple trolls in your shadows to move them around? Two things happened that night. One you lost your trusty weapon, and two, you were unconscious for a whole year."

The memories come back but you shake them off. "Draal it won't happen again....I grew stronger"

Draal kept insisting on a different plan, to not use your shadows as a means for transportation.

Once everyone agrees on a semi plan, all everyone had to do was hope they weren't too late.

Soooo I know this is a little delayed...but life kind of kicked me in the behind...
But I'm back now. Just doing going to do a bit more research before the next chap.
Hope you guys are liking it so far, I may have gotten rusty and sorry for the short chapter, I promise the rest are going to be longer due to action scenes.

EDITED 16/03/2024
Voting time! Do you guys think I should rather continue brainstorming a new action scene OR go through the story and look for any mistakes that need editing to get inspiration?
With hugs and kisses
Hisoka_Lover44