Scattered Feelings - 9

"So M has a ponytail and that's why you're extra on guard today?" Denki asked as he and Kyouka loitered around the halls later than usual. "Usually you never pay attention to the world around you and do whatever, so it's pretty rare to see you like this." He added as an afterthought, his hands buried in his pockets.

Kyouka trudged across another row of lockers. "I never expected her to give me a hint on her appearance, and I feel bad for doing this behind her back."

"I mean maybe she gave you a hint on her appearance for a reason," Denki suggested, looking around for any girls with a ponytail. Sadly, a rather common hairstyle didn't give him much of an idea.

"I doubt it, she seemed so awkward and distant in her last response I was scared I did something wrong..." Her voice was silent and drifted off as she suddenly stopped in the middle of the hallway.

"What's up with you?" He put his hand on Kyouka's shoulder. "Did you find her?"

"I'm disgusting."

"Huh?"

Kyouka's face filled with genuine horror as she grasped her hair in realization. "I've stooped down to your level, I've become a creepy stalker."

"Hey! What do you mean 'my level'?!" Denki rebutted his voice rising, uncaring of any onlookers.

"M wouldn't want me to do this," Kyouka sighed as she regained her composure. "This isn't like me at all, usually I'd be so uncaring over something like this. What's happening to me?"

"Are you on your period?"

"Ow! Kyouka you didn't have to punch me!"

-

To: Y.M.
2nd Period

Hated how blank it looked after however many letters? I don't know why but I find that funny. What changed between the many letters before compared to now? Well aside from how much closer we've gotten over the letters. Either way, I look forward to whatever design you'll put on the letter this time. You were funny without even trying M. Nice job.

I never mentioned it before but I really appreciate how much you cheer me on and support me. It never is mindless or baseless support, no matter the situation it always seems genuine. It seems real.

For whenever that happens, I'll keep my eyes peeled for a certain girl with a ponytail. I'd like to think that the moment I see you I'd be able to recognize you.

I'll play for you however many times you wish to hear me. But how are you so sure I'm good? For all we know you'll just end up hating my performance. Nah, I'm just kidding. I may have stage fright to some degree, but I'd like to think I'm confident enough in my skills.

Is everything alright? Your reply is more... calculated? I don't know how to explain it, but I feel like there's something on your mind. You can vent out to me anytime you'd like, M. I'm always one letter away.

- K.J.

-

At some points throughout the day, Momo would be hit with the bombard of thoughts regarding her feelings for K.J. Though they would be occasionally interrupted by her friends talking to her, the thought would still linger. The moment she realized her feelings it seemed as if it hit her like a bus and everything started to make sense. The way she'd smile as she read the letters. The feeling of excitement as she approached her locker knowing full well there would be a piece of paper waiting to be read. It all seemed to make sense and Momo was happy for that, yet she couldn't erase the fear of what it meant for her and K.J. continuing on.