Teasing Touches - 19

Kyouka was missing Momo. It wasn't surprising, but as she watched the clock slowly tick in her classroom, she couldn't wait for her class to end. The differences in schedule became more prominent as they spent time together. Their time together was something that Kyouka never wanted to take for granted. She flipped through her book, the words on the page never fully registering in her mind. Her leg kept bouncing to the beat of a random song stuck in her head. She felt extremely hyperactive, and it didn't help that she just wanted to see Momo.

Minutes felt like hours, and by the time the bell rang, she was out the door. A backpack barely hanging onto her shoulder and a book in her hand, she walked at a fast pace towards Momo's locker. Usually, she'd never let her impatience and clinginess show, but she was well over it after rarely talking to Momo on Sunday and just missing her that Monday morning during her free period. It was expected that it would be an extra boring Monday morning as she stayed in the library.

As Kyouka approached Momo's locker, a rise of panic struck as she saw who Momo was talking to. By her locker were two of her friends who she recognized as Midoriya and Ochako. Though she’d been introduced and shared a rather brief conversation with them during lunch, actually approaching Momo while she talked to them seemed wrong. It seemed like something she shouldn't do despite them being well aware of Momo's positive feelings towards Kyouka.

She took a deep breath and took a moment to gather her thoughts, occupying her hands by putting on her backpack properly and putting her book into it. As she was about to take a step forward, she ignored everything prior Kyouka would've screamed at her about certain leagues. This was fine and things have changed. She knew that.

Kyouka had planned to wave at Momo so as to not interrupt her conversation but quickly saw herself being pulled into the conversation. Ochako's hands grabbed at Kyouka's wrist, pulling her towards their little group.

"Good to see you again, Jirou!" Ochako beamed at Kyouka from ear to ear. She let go of the other's wrist whilst subtly nudging her towards Momo.

Momo's mood visibly brightened upon seeing Kyouka. Her soft hands grasped at Kyouka's own cold ones and pulled her close, squeezing her hands slightly before letting them drop to her side. "It's good to see you Kyouka."

Startled, Kyouka smiled in return and attempted to say anything, but felt words unable to come out. All she could focus on was the previous warmth on her hands that she hated to admit that she missed. Rather than talking, she dumbly nodded and watched as Momo opened her mouth to speak again.

"I really must get to class. I apologize, Kyouka," Momo slightly bowed in apology. Her hands found Kyouka's hands again, and she squeezed them both, before letting go to walk away. Leaving a confused Ochako and Midoriya, as well as a flushed Kyouka.

"I really need to get used to this," Kyouka groaned, leaning her head against the cool surface of the neighboring locker. She could feel her heart pounding against her chest and it did something towards her feelings for Momo. If anything, it also made her thoughts even more conflicting.

Midoriya was still confused about Momo's actions, as it was unexpected. He could only open his mouth, hoping to form some coherent words.

"What the fuck was that?"

-

Kyouka and Momo sat together for lunch today. It wasn't something they agreed upon nor planned, it just ended up happening. Conversions dwindled, but it was quickly pushed aside as Momo helped Jirou with her homework.

"I'll never get over how fancy your handwriting is," Kyouka mumbled, looking at Momo's handwriting next to her own. "How do you even write that small?"