Chapter 7: Sly Fox, Clumsy Raccoon, Clueless Cat

(Hannah/Raccoon Gris's POV)

"What we're you thinking!? Feline Nuit, this has gotten way too far!" I see Lila running away crying. "I'm sorry about that, I think I went a little overboard." Only a little? I hear Feline Nuit say quite enough that only I can hear it.

"Why don't we go chat about this at our patrolling spot, okay?" I want to chat with her privately about this, not in front of all of these people. Feline Nuit nods and extended her staff up to the tops. "Sorry about that everyone, there was a little argument, but it's all fine now. I'm sorry that you had to see all of what happened, Feline Nuit is also very sorry about it too." I say to the people in the park before I extended my robot claw and followed Feline Nuit.

(Hawk Moth's POV)

I was working on a new design, that Adrien is going to wear for his photo shoot, until I felt a sudden negative emotion coming from my miraculous. I swiftly walked over to the painting of Emilie, pressed the buttons that I need to get into my lair. "This negative emotion is perfect! Nooroo Dark Wings Rise!" I transform into Hawk Moth. The ginormous circular window opened as if on queue.

"Ah! deceit, lies. The desire to get revenge on a superhero. What a perfect pray for my dear akuma." I held out my hand for one of the white butterflies fluttering around me softly to land on my hand. Once one did, I placed my hand gently on top of the butterfly. Negative energy around my hand starts to cover the once white butterfly. I released the black and purple akuma. "Fly away my little akuma, and evilize this shattered soul!" I swing my purple butterfly cane in the air before resting it in front of me.

(Lila's POV)

My chances to be recognized, gone! I hate you, Feline Nuit! My fists clenched at the mention of that name. I shakingly open my bag to grab a small white box. I open it and look at the contents through my tears. "Feline Nuit had to ruin everything." I put the fox style necklace around my neck. The faintest sound of flapping wings can be heard through my sobs.

"Volpina, I am Hawk Moth. I'm giving you the power of illusion. From now on your lies will come to life. Gain Raccoon Gris' and Feline Nuit's trust and convince them you're a real superhero, then betray them and give me their miraculous." Hawk Moth said. "It would be my pleasure Hawk Moth!" Some sort of purple goo is engulfing my body.

(Volpina's POV)

I've been awakened! I think the alley cat will get what she deserves. I use the power of illusion to put an illusion on the post in front of me to change what's on it. "That's much better. Now to attract that stupid cat." I use my flute to make clones of myself.

"How about an meteor? That's going to attract attention!" I flew away, onto the rooftops, trying to find a place where nobody's going to see me. I eventually found a spot where it's open enough to see the sky, but people won't see me. I grab my flute, played a short tune. I noticed a small glowing orange ball of light at the other end of the flute. "I know this's going to work." I smirk while casting my illusion.

(Raccoon Gris' POV)

"I'm sorry that happened, m'lady. It was in the heat of the moment. Can you furgive me?" Feline Nuit wasn't making eye contact with me. She looks like a guilty dog, but as a cat? I'm not even sure that makes any sense. Probably the guilt she feels? "Of course I forgive you! We're partners, we fight together, we have each other's backs no matter what." I bring my fist up as we both fist bump. "Pound it!" We say in sync.

Suddenly some kind of ball or orb just appeared in the sky. "Kitty, you might want to look at this." I tap her on her shoulder. "Huh? What is that!?" Feline Nuit looked at the object in the sky, then at me as if I had an answer to a question that I didn't know. "I don't know, but whatever it is, we need to stop it fast! Ready Kitty?" I get into a ready position to use my robot claw to leap. "Let's do this!" Feline Nuit yells, when extended her baton.

I follow behind, making sure that a curtain cat doesn't act irrationally. "Is it just me, or is it getting closer?" Feline Nuit says running on top of a roof. "I think you're right chaton." Whatever is coming towards it's radiating heat, glow an orange colour and it's huge. "Hey, do you think that this could be a meteor? If so, I don't think our suits can handle the heat." I almost tripped over my two feet thinking about what would happen if I were melted alive.

"Hey! Don't think like that, our suits are nearly invincible." Nearly, that still leaves possibility.

Feline Nuit stops dead in front of me. I run right into her. We both fell, in an awkward position. Feline Nuit's on the bottom, looking at me. While I'm on top of her. Both of my hands are beside her head, my legs are on the outside of Feline Nuit's. Our faces are so close to each other, it was as if we were about o kiss. We both stare each other in the eyes, for who knows how long, time seems to stop for that brief moment of time.

It took my brain a little bit to realize that I'm pinning Feline Nuit to the ground! I jump right off of Feline Nuit, with bright red cheeks. Um... that was so awkward, I don'thave a crush on Feline Nuit. I gulped, knowing that Feline Nuit might realize that I'm lesbian. "I-I-I'm so s-sorry about that!! I d-didn't mean to end up like that, I accidentally ran r-right into you." My face was bright red from embarrassment, especially since of the position we were in.

Feline Nuit noticed that I was flustered and started to laugh. "Hey! I-it's n-not funny!" I blurted out, still recovering from what happened. "It was an accident, I know, but your reaction was purrfection."

I shake my head, rolling my eyes. "Hey, we're here for whatever is heading towards Paris, not joking around." I look at the sky, the orange orb seemed to be at least 5 times bigger than before. "We need to get going or Paris and the entire world will be destroyed by whatever that thing is." I point up to the spot in the sky where the object is. "Right, sorry. Anyways, let's get going then." Feline Nuit cleared her throat and jump onto the adjacent roof.

I start running right after she did, my mind's preoccupied with what message I may have sent with me on top of her, she looked so hot- I mean uncomfortable... Well, that's probably because I'm lesbian.

My thoughts are interrupted by some orange thing moving towards the meteor. "Huh!?" What was that? I move faster towards whatever flew past me. The figure then stops right under the meteor. The figure seemed to look like, a hero? Another miraculous holder by any chance? The figure then grabbed the meteor with both hands and threw it up into the sky, back to space.

"How? Is that person that strong? How come they showed up now?" I thought out loud to myself. "I don't know either." Feline Nuit said behind me. I flinched so much that it looked like I jumped right out of my own costume. "Kitty, don't scare me like that!" Feline Nuit starts to chuckle. "What, got at cat-atitude? That was hiss-terical!" Her chuckling turned into all out laughing.

"Chaton! Enough laughing at me, we have to see what happened to whoever save Paris." I stated, trying to bring Feline Nuit out of her hysterics. "Rude, I guess you're right with that last past m'lady." We both head over to the last known position I saw the figure at, on top of the city hall.

We swiftly head over to city hall. "I am Volpina, the only super hero Paris needs." The figure said. "Volpina?" Why does that name sound familiar? As soon as I finished that thought, what I presume as Volpina approached us...