Chapter 10: Reality

(Feline Nuit's POV)

Do I think I'm strong enough to save Paris? "Alone, nobody can bear the burden of all that responsibility, with a team of people, the burden is passed on to everyone. It's less of a struggle to bear. When you have more than one person, you can do anything."

"You're wrong, they can't do anything, just like you. You're stuck and there's nothing you can do about it, except for giving me your miraculous." She smirks and holds out her hand to wait for me to accept defeat and hand over my ring.

"If you're expecting me to hand over my miraculous, you're completely wrong. I'd never hand my miraculous over to a messed up man like Hawk Moth is, why would an old man want some magic jewelry from teenagers anyway?" I smacked her hand away from mine.

"No need to be so harsh, Feline Nuit. We only just met today. Why are you so angry anyways? Are you in love with Raccoon Gris or something? You know that everyone in Paris will look down on you two, the superhero's of Paris being together." Volpina spread more of her lies, just to get under my skin and in my head.

"I'm not in love with her, she's just a friend." Why would I be in love with my super hero partner? Don't get me wrong, I support the LGBTQIA+ community with all of my heart, but I'm only a straight ally.

(Raccoon Gris's POV)

I'm so glad that our weapons come with trackers, I've been following Feline Nuit from afar. Her movement stopped, I hope she's not in trouble.

I dash on the rooftops tracking down her location. I hear someone speak from ahead of me.

"No need to be so harsh, Feline Nuit. We only just met. Why are you so angry anyways? Are you in love with Raccoon Gris or something? You know that everyone in Paris will look down on you two, the superhero's of Paris being together."

"I'm not in love with her, she's just a friend."

I let out an internal sigh, why must I hear the same 4 words over and over again? She's just a friend.

I hide behind a wall connecting the houses together. "What's a power that Lila would have as Volpina? Past akuma attacks use the personal experience of the victim to create a power, since Lila was called out for her lies, she's probably going to have something connected to lies somehow." I think in my mind.

"If you don't hand me you miraculous, the building goes down." Volpina smirked holding out her hand for Feline Nuit to give up her ring. I think have an idea what her power might be, she's acting too confident about this battle. I throw my weapon directly at the trap. I watch it faze and then disappear.

"You were tricked Feline Nuit, her power is illusions. She's been lying to us the entire time with Hawk Moth, the meteor and now with that trap."

"Like I told you already, I knew something was off with her since the very beginning. The fact that's she is Lila makes it better to beat her at her own game. What meow m'lady?" Feline Nuit is back to her normal self, the punny kitty cat.

"Your back to your normal behavior again, I missed those cat puns." I placed my hand on her shoulder. Feline Nuit smirked. "Missed my cat puns now? How sweet." She drew a line on my cheek down to my chin with her claw. Does she know that this is flirting?

My face starts to heat up slightly from that touch. I hide my face in my hands in embarrassment. My partner starts giggling. "H-ey, it's no-t f-unny." I let out while stuttering and blushing a shade darker.

"Why do I always do this, I know I like girls, but my superhero partner, there's no way I have a crush on her. I just get easily flustered." I think to myself.

A minute past by...

"I'm done with laughing m'lady. Should we go after Volpina?" Feline Nuit questioned. "Yeah, but we need to cone up with a plan this time, you know what she can do. Don't believe a single word that comes out of her mouth and you'll be fine." I paced back and forth planning our next moves and attacks.

"How about I be the decoy, you use your powers and surprise her. She already hates me as much as I hate her." Feline Nuit suggested. "That's not a bad idea, kitty." I stop pacing and look at the Eiffel Tower. "Do you think I have a good vantage point from up at the top of the Eiffel Tower or the Arc de Triumphe?" "I think it depends on where I am and where Volpina is."

"You're right. The Arc de Triumphe is a high place, but the Eiffel Tower looks over all of Paris and is extremely tall. Maybe the Eiffel Tower."

(Hawk Moth's POV)

"I almost had the black cat miraculous. That pesky raccoon saved the day." I clenched my fist and stared out my giant observatory window with a butterfly design.

"Lucky for you heros, I have another trick up my sleeve. You'll be unprepared for what's coming next." I cackled. Patiently waiting to receive the miraculouses.

"Let's see what happens."

(Feline Nuit's POV)

I'll sacrifice myself as a decoy. I may or may not die in the process, but I'll come back because I trust Raccoon Gris with my life. Or all nine of my lives.

"Just so you know, I trust you with all of my nine lives m'lady." I smile at her. "How sweet kitty cat." She rubbed the back of her neck while looking at the ground.

"We should head out and search for the traitor." I say to Raccoon Gris. She nods and extended her robot claw the opposing direction. "Hope this works." She yells from a few rooftops away, while propelling herself forward.

"Yeah, I sure hope it will work, otherwise Hawk Moth will take my miraculous and who knows what would happen."